NFL News & Notes

Leader

Nah, screw that.  If you are a moron and fumble it like that, you lose possession.  I am tired of rule changes that help the offense.  And if we want to amend it to be consistent, any fumble that goes out of the field of play is automatically the defense's ball at the spot it goes out of bounds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I have no idea if you're being serious or not lol but I just hate the idea that it's the only spot you lose possession for fumble OOB. Other than your own EZ, which makes sense. 

Geeeezzz...I can say it once....I can say it 100 times.

The :) emoticon is to denote humor. Lightheartedness.

I'm gonna just skip it and say (This is a joke) from now on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm fine with it going back to the twenty or whatever but you keep possession 

39 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The primary thing I've seen is spotting the ball at the 20 with no loss of possession.

What's down would it be?  Is it goal to go or next down in sequence of previous set of plays?

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Nah, screw that.  If you are a moron and fumble it like that, you lose possession.  I am tired of rule changes that help the offense.  And if we want to amend it to be consistent, any fumble that goes out of the field of play is automatically the defense's ball at the spot it goes out of bounds.

Let's determine possession after OOB fumbles by using something like that play in rugby where both teams launch someone in the air while the ball gets tossed into the group.

eda041e510b77a6ec047276afd861d882b44a69d

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What's down would it be?  Is it goal to go or next down in sequence of previous set of plays?

You treat it as if the player were tackled at the 20.  If the play would have resulted in a first down had the players been tackled at the 20, then it's first down.

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Geeeezzz...I can say it once....I can say it 100 times.

The :) emoticon is to denote humor. Lightheartedness.

I'm gonna just skip it and say (This is a joke) from now on.

That's what I figured. I just wasn't sure. All good