NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Kid never had a chance in NY.  If he was drafted and developed by the Packers bet he would have been good. Dunno a 5th I'd do it.  He'd still need to ride the pine for a year.  He's got talent.  Decent arm throws a pretty ball.  Good mobility and pocket awareness.  Got creamed behind that O-line.  No chance.  Or maybe he's just permantly ruined it happens.  The only place worse for a QB to be drafted is perhaps the Bears.  

Wouldn't mind having him as a back up QB to Love.  He's only 24.  Needs to grow some man hair get cheesed up a bit.  5.4 mil next year then a 5th year option which won't get picked up. We'd need to redo his contract.

We have our backup QB already...and he's cheap.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We have our backup QB already...and he's cheap.

Yah you get what you pay for.  Wilson is far more talented.  Has the potential to be a franchise QB.  Develop him for a year trade Love for a boatload of picks and carry on.  It's the Outpost model.  Still be really curious to see Darnold get some snaps in SF.  Another Jets castoff.  Or should I say another QB they ruined.  

Whatever I really don't care just hate seeing talent wasted.  Be nice to have a back up QB that can come in and not just be a game manager but one you could win with.  Who knows maybe Cliffnotes can play.  

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah you get what you pay for.  Wilson is far more talented.  Has the potential to be a franchise QB.  Develop him for a year trade Love for a boatload of picks and carry on.  It's the Outpost model.  Still be really curious to see Darnold get some snaps in SF.  Another Jets castoff.  Or should I say another QB they ruined.  

Whatever I really don't care just hate seeing talent wasted.  Be nice to have a back up QB that can come in and not just be a game manager but one you could win with.  Who knows maybe Cliffnotes can play.  

How would we develop him?  He is not getting snaps ahead of Jordan Love.  

And...I've seen enough of Zach Wilson to know that is not a kid that has franchise QB potential.  

I wouldn't take him straight up for Clifford right now.

I do not begrudge you of your opinion on Wilson, though.  I just think he's pretty awful at quarterbacking and in being a teammate.  There is a reason that the offensive linemen last year were wearing Mike White jerseys.  

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

There is a big difference between having the physical talent to play QB and the mental capacity to play QB.  By all appearances, Wilson has enough of the former to get by, but very little of the latter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

There is a big difference between having the physical talent to play QB and the mental capacity to play QB.  By all appearances, Wilson has enough of the former to get by, but very little of the latter.

Yah that's the rap on him.  But having watched a few Jets games he never had a chance to survey the field.  Rodgers went down in 4 plays.  Saw what happened to Boyle.  Kid was thrust into the fire right away.  Maybe you're right or maybe behind a decent O-line he'd play much better.  The fact that he's still walking is impressive.  

Drop back and have 3 guys in your face.  Play after play.  Just looking at his face makes me hate him.  Needs some man hair.  He should be suffieciently humbled by now.  Reclamation projects sometimes work out.  Doesn't matter really he'll never be a Packer. 

For the record thought Rosen got hosed too.  Thought he had potential and was wrong about that.  

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 1

“Give me the timetables. Give me all the things that you think can, should, or will happen, because all I need is that 1 little extra percent of inspiration. Give me your doubts, give me your prognostications, and then watch what I do.”
—Aaron Rodgers, September 15, 2023

“Being medically cleared as 100 percent healed is not realistic at 14 weeks.”
—Aaron Rodgers, December 19, 2023

I wouldn't want the Jets FO, staff or fans to feel cheated, so it's good to see Aaron packing the full Rodgers experience into his short time with the Jets.

• Like 12

ESPN -  The Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, which owns and operates the stadium, approved a $1.3 million bid for the project Thursday. It will replace the slit-film turf, which is associated with the highest rate of lower extremity noncontact injuries among the types of artificial turfs used in NFL stadiums, based on data compiled by the NFL and NFL Players Association's joint surfaces committee. In its place, the MSFA will install a monofilament version called Act Global Xtreme Turf DX.

The work will begin in February and be ready in time for the 2024 season.

Earlier this season, NFLPA executive director Lloyd Howell called on the NFL to ensure grass fields in all its stadiums, even those with permanent roofs such as U.S. Bank Stadium. Williams said he did ask about options for a grass field during the Vikings' process but found it was not viable. The facility typically hosts more than 200 events per year in addition to Vikings games.

Edited by Leader