NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Watch Mrs. Bezos demand that I upgrade to Amazon Prime Plus Extreme in order to enjoy the game. 

Even worse, anyone wanting to watch the playoff game must first watch every episode of Amazon's LOTR series.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Someone told me there are commercials on Netflix now. I know YT has them after a certain number of minutes now. It’s bull**** if I’m listening to a longer piece of music and it gets interrupted midway. 

The NFL will try to squeeze every cent out of fans.  If they would just have a decent a La carte option for fans they wouldn’t lose so much to illegal streaming.  As it stands it’s just too easy to pirate a game rather than pay for a very expensive package that has blackout dates and restrictions. 

Edited by Refugee

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube once it is out.  

One time during a round of external interviews regarding a boss who was a serial sexual harasser I used this metaphor. The look on the interview panels faces was priceless. 

"You mean you cant put those horses back in the barn?"

Thats all i have to say about that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

Someone told me there are commercials on Netflix now. I know YT has them after a certain number of minutes now. It’s bull**** if I’m listening to a longer piece of music and it gets interrupted midway. 

The NFL will try to squeeze every cent out of fans.  If they would just have a decent a La carte option for fans they wouldn’t lose so much to illegal streaming.  As it stands it’s just too easy to pirate a game rather than pay for a very expensive package that has blackout dates and restrictions. 

Use Brave browser for YouTube and you'll never see or hear ads again.

16 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Watch Mrs. Bezos demand that I upgrade to Amazon Prime Plus Extreme in order to enjoy the game. 

If the game doesnt involve the Packers - I'll pass. I dont need to see every game that's played. If it's the Packers and it's a one month cost (similar the Peacock trial fee that can I cancelled after the game) - fine.

I pay for Amazon Prime - for the delivery service pricing. I actually didnt realize it came with some sports till later.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

If the game doesnt involve the Packers - I'll pass. I dont need to see every game that's played. If it's the Packers and it's a one month cost (similar the Peacock trial fee that can I cancelled after the game) - fine.

I pay for Amazon Prime - for the delivery service pricing. I actually didnt realize it came with some sports till later.

Yeah, there are shows and movies on there too.  I have it and pretty much never use it.  

39 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, there are shows and movies on there too.  I have it and pretty much never use it.  

I dont watch "shows" - sitcoms, romcoms, crime stories etc. I'm a news/sports person. The only secondary programming I pay for is HBO. I have a good working relationship with my TV. It's off a good amount of time.

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont watch "shows" - sitcoms, romcoms, crime stories etc. I'm a news/sports person. The only secondary programming I pay for is HBO. I have a good working relationship with my TV. It's off a good amount of time.

Looks like the both of us aren't utilizing everything we pay for!  I watch the NFL and sometimes college football or basketball.  Once in a while, I watch a movie.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Looks like the both of us aren't utilizing everything we pay for!  I watch the NFL and sometimes college football or basketball.  Once in a while, I watch a movie.

NFL, NHL, some college football, South Park, Family Guy, and the local news is pretty much all I watch.