NFL News & Notes

Leader

52 minutes ago, MacReady said:

There’s really no disputing Mahomes’ GOAT status.

He’s twice done what no other QB has ever done.

He did it twice in a row.

Just incredible.

Yeah, he’s the best. Doesn’t pain me to say it. He does stuff Brady couldn’t do, with a cast that Brady wouldn’t win as much with. He can do anything and he can process so quickly. Turn process into action on a dime.

Still not sure how GB actually won a game against him, though it was just the regular season where they’re still getting it together. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Damn impressive.

A huge weapon for them especially as their offense struggled this year, he kept them in and won games. We definitely need a competent kicker, whether or not that is Carlson remains to be seen but he used up his rookie year excuse pretty dramatically. I don’t care about the 50+ rate, we need everything under that to be as close to automatic as possible. We are no longer going to be looked at as a developing team and don’t have time to wait for our kicker to reach NFL standards.  This will actually be one of the biggest questions in between now and season’s start. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

2 constants at work here:

1) the Bears suck, ESPECIALLY when it comes to QBs

2) players with stupid names always suck

So the Bears + a QB with a stupid name = guaranteed dumpster fire.

Well...I feel pretty confident they're taking QB with their top pick - probably Williams (but I've no clue) - and I dont think they'll ruin this one.

On 2/11/2024 at 10:44 PM, Isherwood said:

Yeah, he’s the best. Doesn’t pain me to say it. He does stuff Brady couldn’t do, with a cast that Brady wouldn’t win as much with. He can do anything and he can process so quickly. Turn process into action on a dime.

Still not sure how GB actually won a game against him, though it was just the regular season where they’re still getting it together. 

As someone who lives in KC, watches every Chiefs game and roots for the Chiefs as long as they aren't playing the Packers. How can we call Mahomes the best over Brady at this point in time? 

Brady couldn't win with that cast? Did Brady have a plethora of weapons throughout his career or wasn't he known for making it work with a sub par group and Gronk who was consistently hurt? You don't think Brady could have made it work with Kelce, Rice, MVS, and Pacheo? Brady would have made Justin Watson look just as good or better than he does with Mahomes. 

Mahomes doesn't process nearly as fast as Brady, if anything there are times where Mahomes holds on to the ball way too long looking to make the big play. Just because Mahomes makes the occasional side arm or off balance throw doesn't make him some super human, he cant do all the other fundamentals of being a QB as well as Brady. 

Mahomes didn't have a good regular season and really didnt do much in the playoffs until the last couple drives of the Superbowl. Jordan Love had a better regular season than Mahomes this year even with the rough start and it being his first year starting. The defense and special teams carried Mahomes all year.

Mahomes showed good poise and is a gamer but we are living way too much in the moment with Mahomes right now. 

Edited by Victor1124
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

He only hit 75% of his FG's in 2022.  That's totally unacceptable. They should have cut him.

They were rewarded for their patience with him and I hope our guy can turn it around. There are some pretty crucial differences, though. Butker had the majority of his misses from 50+, I haven’t looked at each but I’d bet at least one was a crapshoot going into the half. Also important, most of those misses came early in the season. He did miss one in the first game of the playoffs but I think the fact that he hit the walkoff game winner in the SB makes up for that one. Anders has not had the same trajectory. 

3 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

As someone who lives in KC, watches every Chiefs game and roots for the Chiefs as long as they aren't playing the Packers. How can we call Mahomes the best over Brady at this point in time? 

Because everyone hates Brady and doesn't (yet) hate Mahomes.