NFL News & Notes

Leader

52 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Halfway up the ladder is better than being at the bottom - you only have half as far to climb, to get to the top.

It’s much harder going from consistently being in the middle of the ladder to the top than from the bottom.

You have more/better resources to make the moves needed to get to the top. 

edit: I’m not adding qualifiers everywhere , so I’m just commenting on Pitt’s situation.

They have an average roster, with a below average to bad QB. They need to get a QB and that’s very difficult winning 8-10 games

Edited by Rainmaker90

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The guy is 100% counterfeit! Complete fraud of a human being. His ex-teammates in Seattle can't stand him. Richard Sherman and at least one other player (who I can't remember his name) spoke about how they don't have his phone number and if they want to talk to him, they have to go through his agent and schedule a time.

Broncos GM, "Broncos country, let's ride, this clown out of town!" 

Guy is garbage!  

Let me re-phrase.  I am a fan of the corniness.  There is no real reason to not like Russell Wilson, he hasn't done anything wrong, or even that controversial.  He is just a dork.  And the fact that him being a dork makes people upset makes me laugh, so I ironically like him. 

Did you ever watch WWF? Remember when Kurt Angle was the cookie-cutter 1970s "good-guy" and everyone hated him because he was corny and a dork? That is Russell Wilson.  

• Like 3

Adam Schefter -  Bills three-time Pro-Bowl left tackle Dion Dawkins is signing a three-year, $60.5 million extension, per sources. The deal is expected to make Dawkins the fourth highest-paid tackle in the league.

This is free agency in a nutshell .. everybody is the greatest ever.  Randy Mueller from The Athletic with a glowing report on JRJ .. his 11th best player in FA.  

11. Jon Runyan, G, Packers (27)

Runyan plays with excellent initial quickness, and his reactions and instincts are really good. He combo-blocks to linebackers effectively and plays with timing and very good awareness. It helps that he can also play with bend and a solid punch. He’s developing into one of the better guards in the NFC. The Packers have already paid left guard Elgton Jenkins, so they’ll likely let Runyan walk. — Mueller

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This is free agency in a nutshell .. everybody is the greatest ever.  Randy Mueller from The Athletic with a glowing report on JRJ .. his 11th best player in FA.  

Runyan plays with excellent initial quickness, and his reactions and instincts are really good. He combo-blocks to linebackers effectively and plays with timing and very good awareness. It helps that he can also play with bend and a solid punch. He’s developing into one of the better guards in the NFC. The Packers have already paid left guard Elgton Jenkins, so they’ll likely let Runyan walk. — Mueller

Runyan is a damn good pass blocker. No. 11 overall per PFF among Guards last year. Just not a complete player. If he does leave, I hope another team pays him well. 

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It would be so awesome if some team paid him a boat load and the Packers get a good comp pick out of it. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I listened to Mueller's podcast where he talked about his "process" for putting this list together. It was unbearable. He's a former two-time NFL GM who gets paid money by The Athletic to do this full-time, and still he didn't know who half the guys in the league are. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Bears apparently agreed to terms with RB DeAndre Swift for 8 mil per.  I liked him for the Packers, but the money is probably higher than they'd go.  Antonio Gibson is someone I like for GB now.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Just now, Lodestar said:

Don't anything about the guy, but there goes one safety off the board.

It's right around the type of money most Packer fans would want Gute to spend on a safety. 

We'll see how the rest of the safety markets plays out. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Bears apparently agreed to terms with RB DeAndre Swift for 8 mil per.  I liked him for the Packers, but the money is probably higher than they'd go.  Antonio Gibson is someone I like for GB now.  

That seems to be a lot for him, at least from what I'm understanding about the depressed running back market.... There are more accomplished and consistent players out there who it sounds like you'd be able to get for around that amount