NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Draft QB incoming......

Kevin Seifert -  While you (and me) were sleeping: the Vikings agreed to terms with QB Sam Darnold. 1-year deal.

That probably means the Queens are drafting their next QB. Question being, will they sit at #11 and take JJ McCarthy, Penix Jr, Nix or will they shoot their wad and move up to take one of the top 3?  All I know, it will be a number of years before whoever they end up with maybe takes them to the "promised" land. Delicious .. absolutely delicious.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Draft QB incoming......

Kevin Seifert -  While you (and me) were sleeping: the Vikings agreed to terms with QB Sam Darnold. 1-year deal.

The Vikes love Sams that stink at QB. Sam Bradford….Sam Darnold…Sam…Ponder’s husband 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol, Jones to the Vikings. Feel bad for the guy but hopefully he at least got paid. 

1 year 7 mil.  Man wth?  Gute you couldn't pony up 7 mil for Jones?  He would have been worth it.  

Ian Rapoport -  Staying in the NFC North: Sources tell me that former Packers RB Aaron Jones is expected to sign with the #Vikings, just a day after being released in Green Bay. This sets up two revenge games next year. He gets a 1-year, $7M deal.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

1 year 7 mil.  Man wth?  Gute you couldn't pony up 7 mil for Jones?  He would have been worth it.  

Perhaps jones didn’t want to be second fiddle, he’s gonna be the clear cut number one option in Minnesota

1 minute ago, n8ghee said:

Perhaps jones didn’t want to be second fiddle, he’s gonna be the clear cut number one option in Minnesota

Would have been a 1-2 punch.  Nothing really would have changed.  Jones needs to be on a snap count.  Just sucks hate the way this worked out. 

• Like 1

Andrew Brandt -  Reports of Aaron Jones receiving $7 million from the Vikings.
Drew Rosenhaus had to know the market before turning down the Packers pay cut offer; wondering how low they were going to take him.