NFL News & Notes

Leader

28 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have told you guys about the Chiefs for years...  But you weren't listening.  

Question for you. Did Rashee Rice have 'character' concerns coming out of college? 

That is basically Carr/Mayfield money. So the question is, would you rather have Carr/Mayfield and a rookie WR? Or Jefferson and McCarthy? If McCarthy hits, this will look pretty good. If he doesn't, they're screwed (might be screwed anyway with how many picks they've dealt away this year and next).

14 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

That is basically Carr/Mayfield money. So the question is, would you rather have Carr/Mayfield and a rookie WR? Or Jefferson and McCarthy? If McCarthy hits, this will look pretty good. If he doesn't, they're screwed (might be screwed anyway with how many picks they've dealt away this year and next).

I would rather have Jefferson and just about anybody over Carr and a lesser WR. 

I think a lot of people are hung up on positional spending.  It is an opportunity cost thing.  What are they missing out on by paying Jefferson?  Did they let a stud DT go? Did they have to cut a promising RB and LB to fit him under their cap?  The answer is no.  They have a top whatever WR, who is young, so they are paying him market value.  Nothing wrong with that!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I do recognize that MIN had no choice here.  I think the Hockenson trade/extension was a far worse decision than extending Jefferson on this deal.

Also have to remember that just because Hockenson was a mistake (and that is probably debatable anyway) you can't make the mistake of not signing Jefferson because of a deal that is already done.  Nothing they can do about that.  It would be like saying the Lions drafting Calvin Johnson was a mistake because they already whiffed on Charles Rogers and Roy Williams.  

• Like 1