NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 6/12/2024 at 5:08 PM, incognito_man said:

I hope people (including himself) are expecting him to be great. Will be funny.

The Jets don't need him to be great, just be competent and maybe pull something out of his hat with savvy/athleticism once or twice a game. 

Obviously he's going to be playing Hero Ball to prove the haters wrong. Should be entertaining (unless you're a Jets fan)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

If you want to cherry pick the worst moments, then every player in the league is disappointing.

It's not like that was his first game losing pick of the season. He threw a lot of them last year. Gute better stop sitting on his hands and get him extended before the contract gets absolutely insane. Anyone that thinks Love is taking a hometown discount is delusional. Very likely he becomes the highest paid player in the league.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah we botched this one, should've been extended last Oct/Nov like TT did with Rodgers. We'll pay the price now, literally and figuratively. 

Hard to justify signing him to an extension when the team was playing like garbage on offense and we had a losing record. It's a different era of QB contracts now. The days of mid-level deals are long gone.

11 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The Jets don't need him to be great, just be competent and maybe pull something out of his hat with savvy/athleticism once or twice a game. 

Obviously he's going to be playing Hero Ball to prove the haters wrong. Should be entertaining (unless you're a Jets fan)

IDK, he's got some decent weapons and the only real issue they have personnel wise is that OL despite some of the attempts to correct it. I'm also not buying into the Hackett stuff; can't see him being THAT bad when he was successful here; if it were MLF that predicated his success SURELY something rubbed off...

Still, I'm not expecting big things from them other than press conference drama.

11 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Obviously he's going to be playing Hero Ball to prove the haters wrong

I actually think the achilles injury was EXACTLY what the Jets needed. He knows he can't do that anymore, and I think because he would be the world's worst GM he's bought in to the Jets talent in a way he never did with Gute. 

34 minutes ago, Rosser80 said:

I'm also not buying into the Hackett stuff; can't see him being THAT bad when he was successful here; if it were MLF that predicated his success SURELY something rubbed off...

The ability to call plays and make in game adjustments doesn’t come from osmosis.  Was he good at it in Jacksonville?  Bcuz he was a disaster at it in Denver. 

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

The ability to call plays and make in game adjustments doesn’t come from osmosis.  Was he good at it in Jacksonville?  Bcuz he was a disaster at it in Denver. 

Wasn't Hackett the play caller when Blake Bortles put up his respectable season? He also does something that Aaron Rodgers likes, Rodgers has gotten him his last two coaching jobs.  I will still maintain that the Denver team that Hackett went to was not nearly as good as it was touted.  Hackett certainly was the wrong choice of coach to get that team over the hump, but they were not nearly as close as the media decided they were at the time either.