NFL News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Bad ****. I guess he was going to a signing nearby and someone pulled a gun on him for his watch and in the struggle he and the assailant got shot. Police have a guy in custody but damn if this isn’t terrible news for Pearsall. He’s in stable condition which is the most important but from a career perspective, he was injured all preseason and now this. 

Only bad part about this, is the guy who shot him is in the hospital. Should be in the morgue. 

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What David Bakhtiari's story?  I thought he'd be signed with someone by now.  I don't even know if he's taken any visits yet.  Maybe he's not quite where he needs to be yet with his health?

The reason no one has signed could easily be because no one want to guarantee his contract for the year. He may see some interest after the first set of games, if he is even healthy enough to play. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

semi graphic content there. Walked to the gurney so thats probably good. Crazy times.

Prison for a watch. Got shot for a watch. Thats why I dont wear a watch.

Not to make light of a bad situation, but yeah, my phone or a $15 Casio tell me the correct time everytime. Obviously this is the fault of the perpetrator but I’ve learned to keep a low profile even in places where I might stand out. I was about a mile away from where this happen at the time and have walked that exact intersection many times.  A bad deal all around. 

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

Not to make light of a bad situation, but yeah, my phone or a $15 Casio tell me the correct time everytime. Obviously this is the fault of the perpetrator but I’ve learned to keep a low profile even in places where I might stand out. I was about a mile away from where this happen at the time and have walked that exact intersection many times.  A bad deal all around. 

"You see you don't have to live like a refugee!" 

49 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Glad he seems to be ok.

Players should want to live in GB imo

I've lived in a couple of bigish cities. Done business in most of the major cities. I just can't figure out the allure to living with people right on top of one another. 

Now, with crime skyrocketing in many major cities, hell no for me! 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Now, with crime skyrocketing in many major cities, hell no for me! 

I mean, crime is still much, much lower in every major city than it was in the 80s or 90s.  The plural of anecdote is not, and has never been, data.

Like, per the FBI Violent Crime is down 49% from 1993 to 2022, and the rate of robbery has fallen 74% in the same period.  You can never be safe from a desperate maniac though, whether in a big city or a small town.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 5