NFL News & Notes

Leader

An October firing isn't unprecedented in the NFL. In 2022, the Panthers fired Matt Rhule after Week 5. Lane Kiffin was fired by the Raiders after Week 4 in 2008. The only team in Super Bowl era to make the playoffs in the same season after changing coaches was the 2021 Raiders, who promoted Rich Bisaccia to replace Jon Gruden.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41679781/jets-fire-coach-robert-saleh-2-3-start-sources-say

Well, here's the answer.  IMO not the wisest of moves, but I like Saleh.  If it works for the Jets, good for them.

I'm going to be shocked if Davante is not a Jet this week sometime. Which is perfect. Rodgers will have gotten everything he wanted and will still fail miserably. 

Raise your hand if you were pissed, we traded Rogers away? 

Don't be shy, step right up! 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm going to be shocked if Davante is not a Jet this week sometime. Which is perfect. Rodgers will have gotten everything he wanted and will still fail miserably. 

Raise your hand if you were pissed, we traded Rogers away? 

Don't be shy, step right up! 

Rodgers fan here.  Yes I am pissed.  I am pissed we didn't trade him away to Denver a year earlier.  But I'm still a Rodgers fan.  Great QB in GB. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Rodgers fan here.  Yes I am pissed.  I am pissed we didn't trade him away to Denver a year earlier.  But I'm still a Rodgers fan.  Great QB in GB. 

I wanted him gone a year earlier as well. He was a great QB in Green Bay. You know who else was a great QB in Green Bay, Brett Favre. I wanted him gone the year they got rid of him as well. 

They both became bigger than the team and I can't stand those type of players. 

I can reflect and appreciate what they did when they were here. I will always appreciate that in both of them. While I still loathe what they turned into. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I wanted him gone a year earlier as well. He was a great QB in Green Bay. You know who else was a great QB in Green Bay, Brett Favre. I wanted him gone the year they got rid of him as well. 

They both became bigger than the team and I can't stand those type of players. 

I can reflect and appreciate what they did when they were here. I will always appreciate that in both of them. While I still loathe what they turned into. 

Just hope Love doesn't follow suit.  Always the damn ego.  Guys find success and then get a big head.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

:)

It cracks me up how Hackett continues to skate lol. The usual talking heads on TV are advocating for the Jets trading for Davante bcuz he and Rodgers were in the same offense together with Hackett in GB.  Except they always fail to mention that it was MLF’s offense, not Hackett’s (see: DEN in ‘21 and NYJ in ‘23-24 for his offense) lol.

Edited by thrILL!