NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Brown is going to get the "Stepford" treatment they give all their guys.  In hoodie's whole reign, the only guy who was allowed to have a personality there was Gronk.

Correct. NE is about as "corporate" an organization - top to bottom - as there is. Not even DAL can match them.
Hell they had a bad guy coming in who turned out to be a murderer - who before he went really bad was making plays for them in the SB -- and none of it "got on them" Cut em loose and walked away.

23 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, 9 million guaranteed to this head case on a 1 year deal is huge money. He's not on the week one roster so his entire contract isn't guaranteed as a vested veteran but the 9 million is. Sorry if it's hard for you to keep up with the nuances. 

I think you might be the mentally ill one at this point lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

9 mil guaranteed.  1 yr 15 mil deal.  OK what happens when he misses or shows up late to his first practice.  I can't see this guy working in NE.  I hated NE before but now I really hate them.  Sends a real piss poor message to the rest of the league.  Guy is a whack job I hope he destroys their locker room.

Jealousy tends to brew hate.  Why would New England possibly care what kind of message it sends?  That message isn't more important than winning and there is a reason that they do substantially more of it than the rest of the league.  

Moves like this is the reason why New England is consistently so far ahead of the competition.  

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL Whatever. If you consider this move "winning at any cost....." I cant help you.
They had a shot at taking some supreme talent cheap - and took it. Good for them. 

I'll be waiting and watching for the implosion.

Take the L. Move on. 

1 minute ago, WaitWhat said:

Majority of the league didn't make a run at him. 

Probably not. There's not many organizations that have the guts - or - considered that AB would come their way, so why try? Cant say which it was - but kudos to NE for making it happen. I dont see the downside. I think BB will keep him in line or they'll jettison him.

NE just gave AB 9 million guaranteed on a 1-year deal worth up to 15 million. They had 9.1 million in cap space according to overthecap. They extended a CB, Johnathan Jones for 21 million over 3 with 13 million guaranteed. Is the salary cap a joke or did they move some money around by guaranteeing salaries, turning it into a bonus somewhere and it hasn't been reported yet? 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/ 

Just now, Golfman said:

NE just gave AB 9 million guaranteed on a 1-year deal worth up to 15 million. They had 9.1 million in cap space according to overthecap. They extended a CB, Johnathan Jones for 21 million over 3 with 13 million guaranteed. Is the salary cap a joke or did they move some money around by guaranteeing salaries, turning it into a bonus somewhere and it hasn't been reported yet? 

Clearly they're working it somehow. Nothing official till them submit the contract to the league right? Is there a time limit on that?