NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

I think Bill does things differently and therefore will cut a guy and not give a crap about it no matter how good he is. Or how much it costs.

The roster is set for week 1, so if it's a vested veteran they get their entire salary guaranteed at that point. 

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Sets a really bad example.  Pull this kind of crap and get rewarded.  Don't like it one bit.  Oak got screwed.  It bothers me.

It bothers anyone who respects the game and has a lick of integrity.

*Edit: respects (what should be) the gentlemanly nature and respect of one's opponents

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

Just now, Golfman said:

The roster is set for week 1, so if it's a vested veteran they get their entire salary guaranteed at that point. 

I understand that I just don’t believe that Bill cares. I also think that in his own best interest Brown will ball out and only praise his new team. Then sign a long term deal in the offseason

Just now, Reaper said:

I understand that I just don’t believe that Bill cares. I also think that in his own best interest Brown will ball out and only praise his new team. Then sign a long term deal in the offseason

But he's going to have to cut that salary to get under the cap this year. It has to come from somewhere. I don't see him getting a long-term deal, but time will tell. This almost seems like a desperate attempt to get one more ring and walk away by Billicheat. He's 65 I think. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Hopefully AB recorded those conversations an post them online! But no, he's mentally ill! You can see it in his eyes. 

Also, you're talking about a guy who is all about getting paid walking away from 21 million more guaranteed. I don't buy he planned this for a second. Unless somehow he thought he's play a week and get his guaranteed money. 

It could and probably is both. 

Its just shady practice that I hope others don’t look towards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

except nobody is taking away the Patriots SB titles or rings.

Nope you are right. I myself think they are a despicable club. Not jealous other teams win and lose but they are just sleeze balls to me. BB included. One thing I love about the GBP is they have always tried to do things in a good way. Yes they are not perfect but we bring in good people and seem to value being a club that will not sell out to win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Sets a really bad example.  Pull this kind of crap and get rewarded.  Don't like it one bit.  Oak got screwed.  It bothers me.

Dont see the logic. The guy "finagled" his way out of a 21M guaranteed deal into a 9M guaranteed deal and thats a reward?
I dont see the "grand plot" lines others do.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It could and probably is both. 

Its just shady practice that I hope others don’t look towards. 

The new CBA will only give players more leverage. It will get worse not better. That's why you root for your team, not the individual anymore. Sure you root for them when they are on your team, but few players outside of the QB position will stay with one team for their career. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont see the logic. The guy "finagled" his way out of a 21M guaranteed deal into a 9M guaranteed deal and thats a reward?
I dont see the "grand plot" lines others do.

He should have been out of the league permanently after the crap he pulled.  So in my eyes he was rewarded.  If it wasn't a plot then he is truly crazy.  If that is the case good luck NE.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoremore said:

He should have been out of the league permanently after the crap he pulled.  So in my eyes he was rewarded.  If it wasn't a plot then he is truly crazy.  If that is the case good luck NE.

A plot can be a dumb plot 😂

He lost money, but is thrilled today. Pretty obvious this wasn't about money for him (at least at this point).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

If that defense is as good as advertised could they do that whole perfect season thing again??? Guess step one is to get past the Steelers Monday.

I’m hoping that the addition of Brown will keep teams focused on beating the Patriots defense instead of limiting Brady. Brady has not and will not win a Super Bowl without a top ten scoring defense.

• Like 2