NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Can Goodell prevent him signing with another team - what with the league's investigation hasnt completed.

The Patriots just cut him.  You think another team would sign him?  Or that he would play for another team?  This is a wink/nod with every owner in the NFL.  He’s done this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Patriots just cut him.  You think another team would sign him?  Or that he would play for another team?  This is a wink/nod with every owner in the NFL.  He’s done this year

Could very well be.......but, it only takes one. Somebody signs him and rides out whatever's coming his way suspension-wise......and own his rights.

I dont know how choosey AB could be right now. Might be best case for him to deal with the legal issues (what or if any take place) and put it all behind him - but, whatever the league's gonna dish out wouldnt kick in till he's on some team. 

Agree with Outpost he's done.  The guy is also 31 years old.  He'll be hitting the wall soon regardless.  Any team would have to be absolutely crazy to sign this guy.  Of course I said that right before NE signed him.  What an idiot had he just behaved in OAK he probably would have been alright.   Way to go just blew 30 mil all because of his inflated ego.  Glad both he and NE got their comeuppance.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Agree with Outpost he's done.  The guy is also 31 years old.  He'll be hitting the wall soon regardless.  Any team would have to be absolutely crazy to sign this guy.  Of course I said that right before NE signed him.  What an idiot had he just behaved in OAK he probably would have been alright.   Way to go just blew 30 mil all because of his inflated ego.  Glad both he and NE got their comeuppance.

Not with the rape allegations coming out. He was toast either way. It's a lot more than 30 million too. He lost his helmet deal and his shoe deal with Nike. There will be other sponsors to follow and his income stream will be gone. I hope he invested well otherwise it's going to be a Mike Tyson story. 

Edited by Golfman

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not with the rape allegations coming out. He was toast either way. It's a lot more than 30 million too. He lost his helmet deal and his shoe deal with Nike. There will be other sponsors to follow and his income stream will be gone. I hope he invested well otherwise it's going to be a Mike Tyson story. 

I dont see AB as a pigeon guy :)

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Hope saved some of his millions from his previous contracts - he’s gonna need a lot dough to pay his attorneys for upcoming lawsuits, etc.

Or settlements.

He (and his lawyers) already turned down a 2M settlement with the first accuser (not the artist) - after which she went public. The league's spoken to this woman.....and I guess they'll probably speak to the artist - but outside of some odd behavior on ABs part, I dont see much legal jeopardy from that encounter.

According to the public record so far,, he wanted to have sex with her and acted oddly. She turned him down and that was pretty much it.

20 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Thought about that.  He could have settled with the first accuser for 75K originally.  He acted like a fool and drew himself into the spotlight.  Then they all piled on.  He got what he deserved.  Had he behaved don't think it would have all collapsed in on him.  The rape accusation is highly suspect as are all the other claims.  But again he acted like a complete moron and lost the benefit of a doubt.   If you read the complaints the most serious was the first accuser who offered to settle.  The other claim was walking out with a towel on and acting inappropriate.  It sounds a lot worse then it was IMO.  More like sexual harassment.  Think it was the threatening text that finally pushed things over the edge.  Guy is a complete idiot.  

Edited by Scoremore

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Thought about that.  He could have settled with the first accuser for 75K.  He acted like a fool and drew himself into the spotlight.  Then they all piled on.  He got what he deserved.  Had he behaved don't think it would have all collapsed in on him.  The rape accusation is highly suspect as are all the other claims.  But again he acted like a complete moron and lost the benefit of a doubt.   If you read the complaints the most serious was the first accuser who offered to settle.  The other claim was walking out with a towel on and acting inappropriate.  It sounds a lot worse then it was IMO.  More like sexual harassment.  Think it was the threatening text that finally pushed things over the edge.  Guy is a complete idiot.  

75k? I heard it was like 2 million I guess?

Based on his behavior, his cerebral cortex which governs executive function and critical thinking has never developed.  In most humans, that usually happens before the age of 30.  He’s 31 and exhibits the behavior of someone much younger and less cerebrally developed.  Regardless, he’s just about completely ****ed himself.

• Like 1

First offer was 75K.  Then she upped it to 2 mil.  It was a money grab.  If you looked into the accusations she has a pretty weak case.  Kept going back to him after?  Sounds like a money grab extortion type deal.   But like I said he acted the fool and lost the benefit of the doubt then he was toast.  He'll never be criminally charged.

• Like 1