NFL News & Notes

Leader

Ian Rapoport -  The word among teams interested in Tom Brady were among the impression that Brady wanted to bring Antonio Brown with him to a new team. Brown is still under investigation, and remains to be seen when he can play. But Brady is close with him.

/////

I guess they bonded when AB stayed at his house.

Field Yates -  Effective after 4 PM EST today, teams can release players with a post-June 1 designation, which would allow them to spread dead money over two seasons. That will afford teams more money on the 2020 cap as they continue to work through free agency.

• Tom Silverstein -  Wouldn't help the #Packers much unless they're releasing someone with years beyond 2020 on their contract. For instance, Lane Taylor doesn't have any outstanding pro-rated signing bonus beyond this year.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

This is true :)

we do get a Brady vs Rodgers game this season though. on the road though. not sure i like our chances vs a Brady led team with Evans, Godwin and Howard as weapons. i chalked that game up as a win before this now im not sure...

2 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

we do get a Brady vs Rodgers game this season though. on the road though. not sure i like our chances vs a Brady led team with Evans, Godwin and Howard as weapons. i chalked that game up as a win before this now im not sure...

No, no. You never "chalk up" a GB/TB game as a loss...until the game's over and we lost.
We own TB - both of them :)

• Like 1

Dianna/ESPN - After the Texans agreed to trade DeAndre Hopkins, sources told me Hopkins' reps told the Texans weeks prior he wanted a new deal paying him somewhere between $18- $20mil per year. The team was told Hopkins wouldn't show, if he didn't get the deal. Houston moved forward with trade.