NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

if the "plan" is to reap these comp picks, that leaves cut players and trades as the only avenues to use the remaining cap space.

who are the targets?

It may not be the plan but at this point its a positive. I hope we still get some help on the DL

Just now, Kenrik said:

It may not be the plan but at this point its a positive. I hope we still get some help on the DL

I'm thinking it very well might be part of the plan.  If IDL isn't on the menu as far as players who were cut or are otherwise excluded, maybe they will pursue other options in FA and focus on IDL in the draft.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I could get down. But if it's between him and a DT I know where I'm going

A'Shawn at the top of my list.

For sure. I have no idea where they’re going. Seems like gute wants those comp picks. 

actually. How does that factor into the comp process? Declining a club option. That’s not a cut so I guess he would factor in after all

Just now, festiveonion said:

For sure. I have no idea where they’re going. Seems like gute wants those comp picks. 

actually. How does that factor into the comp process? Declining a club option. That’s not a cut so I guess he would factor in after all

due to new rules, he does not count towards the comp pick formula.  Declining an option is the same as cutting him