NFL News & Notes

Leader

Also, I can’t stop laughing and crying about the Texans trading Hopkins for essentially a second round pick and lots of lost cap space.  So sad for Watt and Texans fans.  I adopted them as my second favorite team at their inception just because Darren Sharper’s brother was taken by them in the expansion draft.  Now I can’t help but laugh at them.

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

Alright. Thats cool and if you can figure out the likelihood of those events....certainly Cam and/or his agent should be able to as well. Gist is - whining on social media - not a good look (IMO) for a guy thats *seriously* conscious of how he looks.

cam-newton_4jpg.jpg

1*Mr5-cw5oj343owVzPDx8GQ.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

Be a man Cam.
Your employer is telling you he'd rather not be your employer anymore.
Dont go running to social media to whine. Go find yourself a job. Time has come.

Your qualified. Your rich. Move on.

That's not what happened. The optics were that it made it look like Cam came and asked for permission. They didn't say, we'd rather not be your employer (yes that's reality) but they tried to spin it a little like he wanted out anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's not what happened. The optics were that it made it look like Cam came and asked for permission. They didn't say, we'd rather not be your employer (yes that's reality) but they tried to spin it a little like he wanted out anyways. 

Understood. My point is that EVERYBODY knows whats going on. Whats going to happen....or what they're trying to have happen. 

It's all happened before. Nothing new to see here.

So what good does Cam's going on social media to WHINE about it serve?

Hence - my "be a man" Cam comment.

Thats all.

Sheesh, it's pretty obvious what's going on in Carolina if you dig just a little bit.

The Panthers can cut Cam Newton and save $19.1m against the salary cap ($2m dead money).  The Panthers are not interested in extending Cam Newton.  The Panthers would rather get a draft pick from trading Cam Newton than no draft pick from waiving him.

Cam would prefer to stay in Carolina, where he has played his entire career.

The organization used the "permission to seek a trade" euphemism to cover that they are actively trying to trade him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Sheesh, it's pretty obvious what's going on in Carolina if you dig just a little bit.

The Panthers can cut Cam Newton and save $19.1m against the salary cap ($2m dead money).  The Panthers are not interested in extending Cam Newton.  The Panthers would rather get a draft pick from trading Cam Newton than no draft pick from waiving him.

Cam would prefer to stay in Carolina, where he has played his entire career.

The organization used the "permission to seek a trade" euphemism to cover that they are actively trying to trade him.

Cam can't be in Caroline next year with the cap hit. 

Both sides are looking to find a trade partner. 

The Panthers are looking, but they've also given Cam's agent permission to call around and ask, this let's him start with ideal destinations. The Panthers are just letting Cam's group ask around and figure out who's interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cam can't be in Caroline next year with the cap hit. 

Both sides are looking to find a trade partner. 

The Panthers are looking, but they've also given Cam's agent permission to call around and ask, this let's him start with ideal destinations. The Panthers are just letting Cam's group ask around and figure out who's interested.

Cam doesn't seem to want out.

Just now, Leader said:

Jason La Canfora -  Colts are finalizing a deal with Philip Rivers and the Panthers are closing in on Teddy Bridgewater.

• Lily Zhao -  Packers will face both the Colts and Panthers in 2020.

as long as those games are not in CA, were good. 

• Like 2