NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They were 0-4 or 1-3 last year and he threw for 1600 yards before he got hurt. 

They had serious issues last year - primarily on defense. I think they drafted "defense-heavy" and have switched out the DC. If they stay healthy and the defense doesnt suck.....they've got weapons on offense.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

They had serious issues last year - primarily on defense. I think they drafted "defense-heavy" and have switched out the DC. If they stay healthy and the defense doesnt suck.....they've got weapons on offense.

They still haven't got a pass rush. Their d-line in general is bad and they have issues at CB. 

A coordinator can't coach if the talent isn't there. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Adam Schefter -     Turns out that Jamal Adams isn't the only Seahawk seeking a long-term deal and not practicing without one. OT Duane Brown, in the last year of a contract scheduled to pay him $10 million this season, also is seeking an extension and isn't pleased he hasn't gotten one.

Spotrac -  Josh Allen’s Bills Extension

- $16.5M signing bonus
- $42.4M 2022 bonus
- $100M GTD this week
- practical 5 yrs, $164.5M

Cap Hits:
21: $10.2M (+$3.3M)
22: $16.3M (-$6.7M)
23: $39.7M
24: $41.7M
25: $51.2M
26: $47M
27: $40M 28: $41.5M

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   The Browns, a team lauded for their analytical approach, is spending over $18M APY on two running backs. The only team in the league with 2 RBs in the top-15 of APY.

I don't think they trust Baker. Also, Baker on a rookie deal affords you to pay other positions you normally would.

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Spotrac -  Josh Allen’s Bills Extension

- $16.5M signing bonus
- $42.4M 2022 bonus
- $100M GTD this week
- practical 5 yrs, $164.5M

Cap Hits:
21: $10.2M (+$3.3M)
22: $16.3M (-$6.7M)
23: $39.7M
24: $41.7M
25: $51.2M
26: $47M
27: $40M 28: $41.5M

I don't hate that deal for the Bills. :/

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't hate that deal for the Bills. :/

Yeah.....after it actually kicks in the guy's young enough that if his level of play doesnt drop (or he suffer serious injury) they can tweak it to reduce any one years hits.

An added value to having a good, young QB worth extending - years to do it with.

Oh - and if for any reason they want to get out from under - it's relatively painless (when considering...). They can let him go in 2026 with a dead cap hit of only 8.4M.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Imagine being JC Tretter and having to explain to this rabble of ignorant *** that the salary cap is tied to last year's revenue, and that team valuations and media deals have nothing to do with it. 

Yeah, Brady might be showing early signs CTE with that comment. 

The salary cap figure though was the result of a negotiation between the owners and the NFLPA. Rightly or  wrongly, I suspect Brady is being critical of what the NFLPA agreed to.  A lot of team reps, Rodgers included, were critical of the last CBA the NFLPA agreed to. A lot of players feel the owners just keep winning and the players keep losing in these negotiations. I think that's what Brady's comments were reflecting.