NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

The salary cap figure though was the result of a negotiation between the owners and the NFLPA. Rightly or  wrongly, I suspect Brady is being critical of what the NFLPA agreed to.  A lot of team reps, Rodgers included, were critical of the last CBA the NFLPA agreed to. A lot of players feel the owners just keep winning and the players keep losing in these negotiations. I think that's what Brady's comments were reflecting. 

The valuation of a franchise is an accounting thing. It's what they anticipate you could sell for. Last year the revenue was down, significantly. The cap went down per the CBA agreement.

If you get your house assessed at 1,000,000.00 and you put it on the market and can only get 500,000.00. How much is your house actually worth? 

If that was Brady's take, poor negotiations, he's a fool. No one could have predicted what happened last year when they negotiated this CBA what, eight years ago. 

Brady should shut up and play quarterback. 

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

The salary cap figure though was the result of a negotiation between the owners and the NFLPA. Rightly or  wrongly, I suspect Brady is being critical of what the NFLPA agreed to.  A lot of team reps, Rodgers included, were critical of the last CBA the NFLPA agreed to. A lot of players feel the owners just keep winning and the players keep losing in these negotiations. I think that's what Brady's comments were reflecting. 

The thing about asking for a change to an agreed upon contract, is that the other party doesn't have to agree to it. 

The discussion was whether or not owners would be willing to pay more now by borrowing against future cap. The owners said no, probably due to uncertainty in a bunch of financial markets where their wealth is kept. 

No means no in this kind of negotiation.

As far as Rodgers and Brady not liking the CBA, Great. The CBA isn't for them. The CBA is negotiated for run of the mill vets.

If Rodgers and Brady were happy about the CBA, that would be a warning sign that the rank and file got screwed.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bottom of the roster players got increased minimums.  

Top end players still get paid.  Why would the NFL or the nflpa cater to the top fraction

Mike Garafolo -   The Dolphins have agreed to restructure CB Xavien Howard’s contract, source says. The situation has been resolved. He’s staying in Miami. It’s believed to be the first time in NFL history a player with four years left on his deal has received added money and guarantees.

• Ian Rapoport -    What did Xavien Howard get? $1M Pro Bowl incentive. $3.5M in additional incentives. Rescinding all minicamp fines. The max for 2021 is $16,285,294
  • Andrew Brandt -   This is a way for a team to not set precedent of "real money" in an upgrade. All "on the come" money, easy gives by the Dolphins. Win for them.

Edited by Leader

Spotrac -   3-Year Cash Among Veteran Quarterbacks

1. Prescott, $126M
2. Wilson, $107M
3. Rodgers, $103M
4. Stafford, $100M
5. Cousins, $96M
6. Allen, $95M
7. Ryan, $94M
8. Tannehill, $91M
9. Garoppolo, $85M
10. Goff, $82M
11. Wentz, $76M
12. Watson, $75M
13. Carr, $67M
14. Mahomes, $63M

///

I guess in a "Everybody wants what Tom has" world - salary can be taken off that list.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:41 PM, Refugee said:

C Wood, absolutely one of my favorite Packers, pretty much conquered the field on every level he’s ever played. Definition of a first ballot HOFer and all class to go with a game that was second to none. Great speech. 

He's literally one of the best to ever step on a football field .. a freakin' natural football player.  So glad I got to watch him dominate in GB for seven years.