NFL News & Notes

Leader

Mary Kay Cabot -   Confirming Browns and Odell Beckham Jr.'s camp have signed their financial agreement. If a team claims him, they'll owe him $7.25 million.

If he clears, the Browns will only be on the hook for $4.25 million of that. He'll be waived Monday, league source says

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Just calling myself out, I can't find my post on the issue.  But Ruggs was determined to have a blood alcohol level over the legal limit.  I had said that they would need to prove it.  Well, they did.  

It was also double the legal limit. Between that, going 156 MPH on a friggin' public road and having a gun on him, let's just say that he's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

Mary Kay Cabot -   Confirming Browns and Odell Beckham Jr.'s camp have signed their financial agreement. If a team claims him, they'll owe him $7.25 million.

If he clears, the Browns will only be on the hook for $4.25 million of that. He'll be waived Monday, league source says

oof, that $7+million hit for half a season is going to be extremely unattractive. Chances just increased he clears waivers. 

I bet Baltimore or Las Vegas offer a multi-year deal.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

oof, that $7+million hit for half a season is going to be extremely unattractive. Chances just increased he clears waivers. I bet Baltimore or Las Vegas offer a multi-year deal.

Yeah....but he wants to play for the vet min (or a little more....) in GB so he can get a ring :)

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Beckham coming here is a disaster. He'd be in the wrong place once and Rodgers would never throw to him again. Brady gets the ball out of his hands quicker than anybody in football. Beckham making decisions on his own would be disaster in Tampa as well. 

He's a talent but if he can't play within a system, it's a waste of talent. 

Oh I don’t want to sign him but this season is already on the brink of disaster. Rodgers has seen to that more than once. If we were to sign any WR, I’d prefer Desean. I don’t see either happening. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

NFL Rumors -  Seven teams have talked to former Rams WR DeSean Jackson and he is expected to make a choice soon per Mike Garafolo.

I would love to take a chance on Jackson here. Low risk, high reward, and it would make a lot of sense for him as well to have a legit shot to have a number of targets on a SB contender.

I'd be surprised if we're not in the mix, here.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I would love to take a chance on Jackson here. Low risk, high reward, and it would make a lot of sense for him as well to have a legit shot to have a number of targets on a SB contender.

At this stage of his career, I dont see much difference between Jackson's game and MVS.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Worth a tire kick, and he’s already caught passes from Rodgers so hopefully the enzymes to speed up the chemistry are there. I just don’t know how he’ll do if he’s asked to be WR4, 5 or 6 in LaFluer’s system where we ask everyone to get their hands dirty.  

If he thinks it gives him a good shot at a title and can get to work, I’d be happy to see him here. How does he feel about returning kicks?

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he hasn't had more than 5 punt return attempts in a season since 2013. And he has 5 career kick return attempts.

So, not an answer there.

Yeah, not usually the preferred occupation of the geriatric. Well, we can all take a moment to celebrate this one that led to great things:

never have I been so happy and also simultaneously amazed at someone’s talent and lack of brains. 

Edited by Refugee

50 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Oh I don’t want to sign him but this season is already on the brink of disaster. Rodgers has seen to that more than once. If we were to sign any WR, I’d prefer Desean. I don’t see either happening. 

Disaster? We're 7-1. If you're referring to 12's Covid status, the team has known about this since day 1, and... they're 7-1. 

This is only newsworthy for fans and the media. No one inside the locker room cares. Again, this will be forgotten in a week or two. 

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he hasn't had more than 5 punt return attempts in a season since 2013. And he has 5 career kick return attempts.

So, not an answer there.

It looks like he’s still running well, maybe it was a personal choice ? I can’t imagine him not being a good PR/KR in 2013. 

I think I pass if he doesn’t return kicks.