NFL News & Notes

Leader

46 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Patrick Taylor signed to the active roster to take Hill's spot. Have they indicated who will to KR now?

I'd put money on it being Taylor. I dont think they count on much "return" on their kick return unit. Just dont screw it up.

Odell makes a lot of sense here, but do we have the cap room?

At 15M I think the remainder is like 9M, and there are certainly a lot of teams higher up on the totem pole than us who could claim him, and it might make sense to claim him just to trade him risk free in the offseason since he has no more dead money after this year.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Odell makes a lot of sense here, but do we have the cap room?

At 15M I think the remainder is like 9M, and there are certainly a lot of teams higher up on the totem pole than us who could claim him, and it might make sense to claim him just to trade him risk free in the offseason since he has no more dead money after this year.

So if he's claimed he stays on his current contract, but if he clears waivers his contract is torn up?

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So if he's claimed he stays on his current contract, but if he clears waivers his contract is torn up?

yeah.

From what i read, the signing team would owe like a prorated amount of his base salary - something like $9M onto their cap.  Once he's on the roster though he can be cut for no dead money afaik.

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

From what Lombardi said on McAfee it turns into a 1 year contract somehow?

He was a GM. Even if he is an awful know it all

Edited by HighCalebR

40 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

From what Lombardi said on McAfee it turns into a 1 year contract somehow?

p sure he's wrong and an idiot unless his last 2 seasons are void years.

edit: eh, maybe this is true.  The browns did "Cut" him in that scenario, so his contract is void.

Edited by skibrett15

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

p sure he's wrong and an idiot unless his last 2 seasons are void years.

edit: eh, maybe this is true.  The browns did "Cut" him in that scenario, so his contract is void.

Yeah no idea really. Just pushing info I heard.

Hes still an idiot though