NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

This morning's sports talk shows raised a heretofore unconsidered nightmare.....
If CLE releases OBJ....he winds up on KC. If there is a God, please dont let that happen.

You’re worried he’s the missing piece to their SB?  I don’t think he would be playing in 3 days in their offense so it shouldn’t be consequential for Sunday’s game. I guess even as a decoy he would command some attention and our secondary isn’t exactly full strength but I would not worry about him Sunday. Now if we rematch in February, he would be very dangerous but that would be a good problem to have. 

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

You’re worried he’s the missing piece to their SB? 

I'm not worried about anybody's SB run at the moment.....I'm just tired of the strong (our prime competitors) getting stronger and we dont take the plunge. 

In this instance, I think our cap situation will dictate our sitting this potential out - but I sure hope OBJ winds up....in MIA!

Or how's about back on the Giants!  "I'm home!"  :)

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm not worried about anybody's SB run at the moment.....I'm just tired of the strong (or prime competitors) getting stronger and we dont take the plunge. 

In this instance, I think our cap situation will dictate our sitting this potential out - but I sure hope OBJ winds up....in MIA!

He’s going to be a FA, so if he can he will choose a contender.  Choosing an AFC contender would be good for us. 

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

He’s going to be a FA, so if he can he will choose a contender.  Choosing an AFC contender would be good for us. 

Is he an outright FA or does he have to pass waivers (?) and does that mean he could sign for the vet minimum with us? If so...lets do it. Make that happen.

Edited by Leader

26 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

It’s my new understanding that after the trade deadline, even long-standing  vets have to pass waivers. Either way, I’m not expecting ODB or DJax here. Would not be mad if either wanted to be a Bad  Moon Rison for our SB run but both want to be featured more in the offense which seems like why they want out of their current situation. 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

It’s my new understanding that after the trade deadline, even long-standing  vets have to pass waivers. Either way, I’m not expecting ODB or DJax here. Would not be mad if either wanted to be a Bad  Moon Rison for our SB run but both want to be featured more in the offense which seems like why they want out of their current situation. 

From what I read, Djax's situation dealt with a contract predicated on snap counts he wasnt getting in LA - hence, he was losing money - and I dont think either player can land with a top contending team at this stage and bring with them expectation they're gonna become the focal point of the offense.

Agree - I dont see it happening in GB - but it doesnt mean a fan cant dream. 

Adams & OBJ would be a tough duo to cover.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Correct. All cut players are subject to waivers. The only way the Chiefs would get him is if they want him and no teams above them place a claim (unlikely).

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Correct. All cut players are subject to waivers. The only way the Chiefs would get him is if they want him and no teams above them place a claim (unlikely).

Oh; I forgot he didn’t get cut right away.  

Might teams be wary of a waiver claim because they’d be responsible for current contract?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Might teams be wary of a waiver claim because they’d be responsible for current contract?

And therein lies GBs "in" - plus - OBJ is going to advance the cause of player empowerment in the NFL by declaring thru his agent that no team should put a claim in on him as its his goal and overriding need to sign for the vet minimum in Green Bay.   "Before I die...I must catch passes from Aaron Rodgers. If you claim me..I will not report. My destiny is Green Bay"  :)

Being a fan is so much more fun than being a pseudo GM.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Until they can find a way to have any kind of offense that is combative against two high safetys why bring in another speed guy? That team has some great players and a lot of jags. Maybe they pull it together? I just think last week against the giants at home on national TV was a game you would think would be where they figure it out...

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

Until they can find a way to have any kind of offense that is combative against two high safetys why bring in another speed guy? That team has some great players and a lot of jags. Maybe they pull it together? I just think last week against the giants at home on national TV was a game you would think would be where they figure it out...

I'm an idiot

Edited by AlexGreen#20

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're 9th in the league in points per drive, predominantly weighed down by our 21st rated red zone conversion percentage. OBJ before the first injury (admittedly in 2017) was a TD machine. 

Our issue isn't two high safeties. 

He's talking about KC

• Like 1