NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -  The Bills could have won Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers. Some would say they should have won. Some would correctly say they would have won it, if defensive pass interference had been called against Buccaneers cornerback Carlton Davis during a key third-and-two late in regulation, with Buffalo trailing Tampa Bay, 27-24.

Davis significantly hindered Bills receiver Stefon Diggs. The official looking right at the play didn’t throw a flag, however.

Then, in overtime, the official called defensive pass interference against the Bills, giving Tampa 19 yards of field position and boosting what became the game-winning drive.

Said NBC rules analyst Terry McAulay on Twitter: “This is not defensive pass interference. The receiver creates the contact. It is especially noteworthy given what was not called late in regulation on the Buffalo 3rd & 2 play.”

I'm assuming that the NFL would love a Tom versus Belichick in a super bowl matchup. 

Matt Schneidman -   Updated MVP odds at BetMGM:

Tom Brady: -150

Aaron Rodgers: +550

Nobody else higher than +1000.

///

I'm not sure what makes Brady such an overwhelming favorite.
Yes - he's kicking *** in some top stat categories - and yes - the teams own the same records - but, has Tampa suffered near the amount of injuries GB has?

ProFootballTalk -   Report: Browns holding virtual meetings due to COVID positives.

///

Does team travel serve to filter out sick players? We dont want a bunch of sick CLE players coming to GB next week. This is the wrong time of year to get hit with a COVID attack.

Edited by Leader

Ian Rapoport -   Here at the League Meetings in Dallas: The anticipation is that there will be a vote to approve Las Vegas as a Super Bowl host site for 2024, Super Bowl 58. New Orleans was initially supposed to host, but a scheduling conflict necessitated an audible.

Albert Breer -  So the next four Super Bowls …

LVI: Los Angeles
LVII: Phoenix
LVIII: Las Vegas
LIX: New Orleans …

presuming Vegas is approved as Super Bowl host.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Last year, the mantra was "whoever survives Covid will probably be the team that wins the Super Bowl" but this year might actually be that year...

Cold city teams are going to have a harder time with Covid. Because everyone is forced inside. Not surprising a team in Cleveland Ohio is having issues.

Southern and west coast teams (sans Seattle) are going to have a better advantage these last months. It will be 80 degrees and they can be outside in open air, making transmission less likely.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:22 PM, Leader said:

Food for thought.........

NFL on CBS -  First 12 NFL starts:

Trevor Lawrence   -  Gardner Minshew

72.3 - QB Rating - 90.1
2,514 - Pass Yds - 2,849
9 - Pass TD - 18
10 - INT - 4
2-10   -  W-L   -   6-6

Let Lawrence rot in Jax for one more season.  Then we should trade for him.  Let him learn under Rodgers for 2 years.  

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Updated MVP odds at BetMGM:

Tom Brady: -150

Aaron Rodgers: +550

Nobody else higher than +1000.

///

I'm not sure what makes Brady such an overwhelming favorite.
Yes - he's kicking *** in some top stat categories - and yes - the teams own the same records - but, has Tampa suffered near the amount of injuries GB has?

If I’m not mistaken, Brady hasn’t missed any games.

Brady also didn’t have a PR debacle in the middle of the season.  AR’s popularity took a pretty big hit with the COVID debacle and I’m fairly certain the MVP award has a “popularity contest” element to it.

Otherwise, I think these results would be closer, and in reality, I’m sure they already are.