NFL News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Interesting now that the Eagles are guaranteed a playoff spot. Best to “innoculate” everyone and also give a plausible reason to sit a few if needed this week. Not suggesting a conspiracy, this latest variant is tearing through even boosted populations, but the timing is notable.   

Can you imagine the meltdown if Rodgers gets Covid in the playoffs and we get knocked out by Mike McCarthy's Cowboys or Brady's Bucs. 😁😁😁

Edited by British

22 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

His 90 day break from COVID testing ends the week before the Super Bowl.

But he can still get Covid during those 90 days and is being monitored for symptoms despite not getting routinely tested. 

Or alternatively, can you imagine the meltdown if he misses the Superbowl? That is the ultimate banter timeline outcome. 

I'm not sure which would generate more drama: if Love played and won or if he played and lost. 

6 minutes ago, British said:

But he can still get Covid during those 90 days and is being monitored for symptoms despite not getting routinely tested. 

Or alternatively, can you imagine the meltdown if he misses the Superbowl? That is the ultimate banter timeline outcome. 

I'm not sure which would generate more drama: if Love played and won or if he played and lost. 

I do not even what to think about that possibility. 

3 hours ago, British said:

Or alternatively, can you imagine the meltdown if Rodgers misses the Superbowl? That is the ultimate banter timeline outcome. 

If the above happened and Love were to win the Super Bowl by playing lights out, then I’m guessing we might not ever see Rodgers in green and gold ever again.

If Love and GB won the SB but Love played mediocrely, then I think the drama gets ramped up.

If Love and GB lose the SB because Rodgers had to sit due to Covid, then there absolutely will be drama and gnashing of teeth.

Edited by Sasquatch

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Ahh yes. The classic "root against your own team so you can toadaso" or "be pleasantly surprised" 

Not rooting for it, just expecting it. And if it went down like that the only sensible response would be to laugh at the ingenuity of the football gods. 

15 hours ago, British said:

Can you imagine the meltdown if Rodgers gets Covid in the playoffs and we get knocked out by Mike McCarthy's Cowboys or Brady's Bucs. 😁😁😁

I was thinking about this the other day. Would Rodgers melt into an angry puddle of lava right there on the field? Perhaps... perhaps...

Eye Think GIF by VPRO