Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If they are still in the race come August, then maybe I'll start to pay attention (Unfortunately, I've become one of the dreaded fairweather fans).  I've heard good April baseball from them before only to tank in May and June.  I really do hope they turn the corner and are able to compete consistently again, but I'm just not counting on it.    

I guess I can get that, I just love baseball so much, and it just feels so much to summer like me that I can always watch baseball. I also think that I get a whole lot less invested into we must win everything every year if you're a fan of the sports team like fans seem to do, in general, and that we even see at times in this forum.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

If they are still in the race come August, then maybe I'll start to pay attention (Unfortunately, I've become one of the dreaded fairweather fans).  I've heard good April baseball from them before only to tank in May and June.  I really do hope they turn the corner and are able to compete consistently again, but I'm just not counting on it.    

It seems like lately they've gotten off to really slow starts in April

Twins scratched out another win. Even though it wasn't the best start for Berrios, 3 runs in 7 innings, it was a good start. We've gotten really good starts in every game. It'll be interesting to see how Gibson looks today in his first start of the season as I know he missed some time in spring training.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And now the question is whether Bruce will get another year, or will Fenton want to bring in his own guy.

I don't see any reason we should keep Bruce around. It just gets old after a while. 3 years, 2 first round losses in 5 games each, and then a missed playoffs season in a league that takes over half the times. He should be fired and there's no excuses why that shouldn't happen within the next few days. Get him out. 

On 4/1/2019 at 7:08 PM, vikesfan89 said:

It's still early but it could be a fun year for the twins

That's what I've said too and people have laughed, but this could be a special year for the Twins. They don't have a lot of weaknesses this year except maybe our bullpen, and Rocco has me very excited as our new manager. 

7 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I don't see any reason we should keep Bruce around. It just gets old after a while. 3 years, 2 first round losses in 5 games each, and then a missed playoffs season in a league that takes over half the times. He should be fired and there's no excuses why that shouldn't happen within the next few days. Get him out. 

I'm going to disagree, I think Bruce should stay on.

45 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

That's what I've said too and people have laughed, but this could be a special year for the Twins. They don't have a lot of weaknesses this year except maybe our bullpen, and Rocco has me very excited as our new manager. 

I'm not quite sold on the starting pitching yet but so far so good. 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm not quite sold on the starting pitching yet but so far so good. 

I mean Berrios I expect to do well. Gibson hopefully will end up being solid.

Oddorizzi is definitely the pitcher I wonder the most about. Hopefully he's a lot better than last year.

I don't expect much from Pineda and Perez though.

So last season the Twins had a terrible record in one run games, thus far the Twins are 2-1 in 1 run games. Hopefully they don't always have to come back like they did the last two games against the Royals, but come back wins are good. And was nice to see Buxton after getting a bruise on his back being able to come in and pinch run late in the game, so it doesn't seem like it's too bad.