Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

36 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Goodbye Carly Zucker!

That is the biggest loss for the Wild in the trade.

I like the players that they got back and a conditional 2020 1st Round Pick, I'm assuming it's probably just conditional on the Penguins not collapsing or something like that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Goodbye Carly Zucker!

When the rumors went around last year, she had said that it really wouldn't impact her...did that change now?  Either way, it's unfortunate that Jason had to go, but with all the swirling talk, it's probably best that it happened.  It wasn't helping anyone just leaving him twisting in the wind.  

Edited by swede700

Great return. Prospect and a first are the key components of the deal. 

Galy is the wild card. Four scenarios can play out:

1. Galy rebounds and thrives here, and can be re-signed as a top six guy. 

2. Galy rebounds well after the trade and can be flipped for more picks/prospects before Feb 24, and we have our open roster spot for Kaprizov. 

3. Galy rebounds but the team still lets him go which means that’s they freed up the $5.5M Zucker cost against the cap, and we have our open roster spot for Kaprizov

4. Galy doesn’t rebound and the team frees up $5.5M against the cap, and we have our open spot for Kaprizov 

———

FWIW, Carly will still be around here and on the power trip most likely. Minnesota is home for her and Jason. 

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

How does nobody in a MN sports thread know what I’m talking about?

The REAL Minnesota sport. Basically yearly national titles and an Olympic gold two years ago.

I'm assuming you're talking about curling?  It wasn't a real Minnesota sport when I was growing up.  That came long after I left.  We played a lot of hockey and broomball.  :D  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

How does nobody in a MN sports thread know what I’m talking about?

I believe you are making faulty assumptions. Just because the people that didn't know what you are talking about are the only people that replied does not at all mean that nobody knows what it was about. Personally, I would way rather see curling updates than soccer updates as I am fascinated by curling and bored by soccer. I wish curling was on TV more often than every four years. The strategy and ability to execute is fascinating. I watched the Curling World Championships when it was held in Grand Forks, ND. I briefly met one of the teams (Norway) that year in Winnipeg, where they were practicing before the tournament, and got to talk to them which was interesting.

I am curious how you were able to watch to provide the update that you provided. Were you there? Or is it on a channel that I do not get?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I am curious how you were able to watch to provide the update that you provided. Were you there? Or is it on a channel that I do not get?

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling/webstream

A lot of major events are streamed online if you know where to look, or if you are in Canada there a lot of competitions on TV. NBC also does Curling Night in America (I believe it was the 2/21 broadcast that was filmed in Chaska this summer).

CNIA_BroadcastSchedule.png?h=450&w=800&la=en&hash=E391A9A72E9193E63704AD3C9E04EDA9297B1E79

• Like 2

Random curling tidbit - you’ll notice that in competitive events, everyone has a yellow broom head. That is because at one point the broom manufacturers started making brooms that were so rough (so you can scratch deeper) and people got so good at sweeping, that you could literally steer rocks across the ice.

so now in competitive events everyone is required to use the same fabric from the same supplier. And it is terrible. Basically the equivalent of golfers using wooden clubs.

In big events most sweepers will replace their broom head after every game.

Also, watch the curling episode on the Netflix documentary called Losers. Really good summary of how the game changed once people got good at throwing hits.

• Like 2