(Poll) Which QB Does Hue Jackson Want at Number 1?

Mind Character

1. (Poll) Which QB Does Hue Jackson Want at Number 1?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. 1. (Poll) Which QB Does Hue Jackson Want at Number 1?

This is a tough question. Because which Hue should we trust?

The Hue who said "trust me" about Cody Kessler? In that case I'd say Rosen, or maybe Mayfield. More mental guys who don't have top shelf physical traits but know the game and have great accuracy.

The Hue who said the "ground moved" under him when he watched RG3? Then probably Allen, a top tier athlete who has arm to spare but not pinpoint accuracy. Or maybe Lamar Jackson if he was referring to the running ability.

The Hue who said Kizer had huge potential and if he couldn't make him into a top QB it would be his fault (lol, Hue admitting fault, lol)? Then I'd definitely say Allen, big time athlete who was rumored to be a potential top 5 pick the year before but disappointed greatly. Or maybe Darnold, both tall, strong, with some running skills and a reputation for big time "wow" plays.

4 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

That's not as great of a point as you make it seem.  Those years the Rams were still at least 0.7 years older on average, which sounds slight, but is a big difference in average age.  Our youth is unprecedented, despite being being youngest team in those respective years we were still significantly younger than any team since 2013.  

Amounting to 37 more seasons of experience under that rosters belt, at their youngest, than the Browns had in 2017.  Even some random distribution of that experience across our roster I think would have swung a couple games in our favor, considering our ineptitude at special teams and the millions of mental errors our team made this season that cost us games.  Unless of course we dump all 37 for all pro late 60s Joe Thomas.

Well if we keep the same roster from last year they will be 53 years older this year. It won't happen, we'll possibly be even younger this year depending on what we do at QB but overall age of the roster wasn't the top couple reasons why we were 0-16.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Because you are a Browns' fan and have learned to fear/expect the worst.

Not only do I fear a QB room of McCarron, Kizer and Allen. I also expect we'll take Allen with the #1 overall pick and we'll trade our 2nd AND Houston's 2nd for McCarron.

16 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if we keep the same roster from last year they will be 53 years older this year. It won't happen, we'll possibly be even younger this year depending on what we do at QB but overall age of the roster wasn't the top couple reasons why we were 0-16.

I agree to completely, fervently disagree

11 hours ago, dawgattack said:

Not only do I fear a QB room of McCarron, Kizer and Allen. I also expect we'll take Allen with the #1 overall pick and we'll trade our 2nd AND Houston's 2nd for McCarron.

This would be about as bad as it could get.O.o

Are you pulling a Mind-game?

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I agree to completely, fervently disagree

Age didn't negatively effect our front 7 they did well or our secondary who besides Peppers aren't all that young anyway.

The offensive line is mostly full of vets as was RB. Britt sucked but it wasn't an age thing. Coleman was okay. Gordon should havbe been more helpful at the end of the year but there were a lot of missed opportunities getting him the ball. The other youngsters sucked but they probably always will. Same with Kizer, he was really young and struggled but I think his biggest issue is that he isn't really very good at all and that had a lot to do with why he struggled. You gotta be accurate and take care of the football. I don't think he will be that kind of QB when he is 30.

The main reason we were bad is because we turned the ball over nearly 3 times per game. The second reason is Kizer isn't good. The third reason is Hue was terrible at putting the offense in a position to win with playing the rookie QB and calling plays over and over again that failed time and time again. Fourth is probably terrible receivers early in the year when Coleman went down.

Having youth wasn't a big disadvantage. It was the youth at a couple specific positions that really hurt us. If we had Watson/Dak/Wentz/Goff we'd still be just about as young but have a lot more wins.

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Age didn't negatively effect our front 7 they did well or our secondary who besides Peppers aren't all that young anyway.

The offensive line is mostly full of vets as was RB. Britt sucked but it wasn't an age thing. Coleman was okay. Gordon should havbe been more helpful at the end of the year but there were a lot of missed opportunities getting him the ball. The other youngsters sucked but they probably always will. Same with Kizer, he was really young and struggled but I think his biggest issue is that he isn't really very good at all and that had a lot to do with why he struggled. You gotta be accurate and take care of the football. I don't think he will be that kind of QB when he is 30.

The main reason we were bad is because we turned the ball over nearly 3 times per game. The second reason is Kizer isn't good. The third reason is Hue was terrible at putting the offense in a position to win with playing the rookie QB and calling plays over and over again that failed time and time again. Fourth is probably terrible receivers early in the year when Coleman went down.

Having youth wasn't a big disadvantage. It was the youth at a couple specific positions that really hurt us. If we had Watson/Dak/Wentz/Goff we'd still be just about as young but have a lot more wins.

Almost all those things in one way or another are attributable to the inexperience on our team. 

Jabrill plays 35 yards back so he can "see the field" because he's never played FS before.  Why does he have to play FS?  Because we literally had nobody on our roster that played FS in the NFL before.

We were a heavily penalized team, who led that charge?  Shon Coleman and David Njoku, first year starters.

Kizer was the youngest starting QB in the NFL and made hundreds of mental errors each game.  Why did we start him?  Because his backups were hardly any more experienced.

Literally the top three reasons you gave directly stemmed from youth and inexperience.  Turnovers, Kizer, and Hue managing a rookie QB...

Not only is it one of the couple reasons we were bad, common sense indicates it was THE REASON we were bad.  Literally listen to any press conference from a player (our team or our opponents), a coach (our team or an opponents), or any other take and it's one of the first reasons they give for why we struggle.

I doubt you can be convinced anyways, when somebody has a hot take that bad it's not from not seeing the situation clearly it's from seeing only what they want to see.

14 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Almost all those things in one way or another are attributable to the inexperience on our team. 

Jabrill plays 35 yards back so he can "see the field" because he's never played FS before.  Why does he have to play FS?  Because we literally had nobody on our roster that played FS in the NFL before.

We were a heavily penalized team, who led that charge?  Shon Coleman and David Njoku, first year starters.

Kizer was the youngest starting QB in the NFL and made hundreds of mental errors each game.  Why did we start him?  Because his backups were hardly any more experienced.

Literally the top three reasons you gave directly stemmed from youth and inexperience.  Turnovers, Kizer, and Hue managing a rookie QB...

Not only is it one of the couple reasons we were bad, common sense indicates it was THE REASON we were bad.  Literally listen to any press conference from a player (our team or our opponents), a coach (our team or an opponents), or any other take and it's one of the first reasons they give for why we struggle.

I doubt you can be convinced anyways, when somebody has a hot take that bad it's not from not seeing the situation clearly it's from seeing only what they want to see.

Ah, but YOU see it clearly though right?

Those who disagree with you don’t tho. Lol.

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We were bad and we were young so its easy to marry the two. I'd really like to believe that Kizer was bad only because he was young and that he is a future HOFer. I'd like to believe we have a great coach but he couldn't put together a game plan because the team was young. I'd like to believe that with a year of experience that last years team would win 5 or 6 this year without adding other talent or differing the game plans. I don't, but I'd like to.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

ummm would be willing to bet that the coaches, players, FO personnel, professional journalists that consistently cite our team being too young to be successful more than likely have a better understanding than we do.

You act like the burden of proof is on ME for saying our team was hurt by inexperience.  That's popular consensus.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

ummm would be willing to bet that the coaches, players, FO personnel, professional journalists that consistently cite our team being too young to be successful more than likely have a better understanding than we do.

You act like the burden of proof is on ME for saying our team was hurt by inexperience.  That's popular consensus.

Proof? It’s an opinion.  And argumentum ad populism isn’t a fact either.

No one is saying youth didn’t play a factor.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Proof? It’s an opinion.  And argumentum ad populism isn’t a fact either.

No one is saying youth didn’t play a factor.

I agree with Letsgo here.....it was a contributing factor.....but one of the points that was made was the "100's of mental errors per game" that Kizer made.....I would argue that a 20yo kid who is making his 1rst NFL start on the road, vs a team who is missing their starting QB, has his OC call for him to drop back and pass OVER 50 times in a game where we were NEVER down by more than 14 points at any point in the game.....that is now youth + a coach that appears to be setting Youth up to fail...instead of scripting a game plan that the "youth" might be able to execute...IMO.

Youth is a factor I agree....but there were several playoff teams that had youthfull players play several key starting/critical roles for their respective teams....

Archived