SURVIVOR POOL XII is now over! THE DUKE is our champion!

Woz

10 hours ago, Woz said:

Kind of like that (which was three posts above your edit). Quote the error and explain what you meant.

The rules are explicit about not editing.

But I couldn't not not edit the original, the notification was there regardless of what I did. I genuinely thought I was adhering to the rules.

12 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

As a Bengals fan, that is a bold choice my friend

I know it is a risk, but Buffalo ran into a lot of scheduling luck IMO. They caught Denver between the Dallas game and the Oakland game, I doubt Denver had any emotion for the Buffalo game. Atlanta lost in the SB and those teams usually stink the following season, see Carolina, so I do not think Buffalo's win was necessarily that surprising.

Of course, when you get on a roll, those things do not always matter, so I know there is a certain amount of risk. Still Cincy is at home and will view the game as important, so at least they will be sky high emotionally, so I believe it is a well thought out risk, but I am praying it turns out well. I will sweat out this game especially as I am a Buffalo fan.

When I examined the schedule, it appeared to me that about every game this week carried with it a fairly high degree of risk, so I am not alone in sweating out this week. Come on Cincy!!!

I probably should not give away my secrets for picking a team, but oh well.

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Fair enough, you're the bossman of this game.  And as someone who has dealt with being IT security, I definitely know some will try to take a mile if you give an inch.

This argument would make sense if you can't differentiate between cheaters and people who are clearly not. There's literally no way you can construe my posts as an attempt to cheat.

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

But I couldn't not not edit the original, the notification was there regardless of what I did. I genuinely thought I was adhering to the rules.

"could not not not" edit the original. Oof.

You go "#facepalm, I meant Pittsburgh" and you're done.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

This argument would make sense if you can't differentiate between cheaters and people who are clearly not. There's literally no way you can construe my posts as an attempt to cheat.

I'm sorry. I don't think I could make it any more explicit. You do not edit your posts.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Can I appeal?

You can but ...

On 7/28/2017 at 5:00 PM, Woz said:

I AM THE FINAL ARBITER
Like Roger Goodell, I am the judge, I am the jury, I am the appeals court and I am the executioner. My word is law. I make no promises to be fairer than Goodell, either.

If this was the first edit of the season, I would think about it. However, at this point, I have knocked out six other contestants for similar small edits. It would not be fair for me to allow you to continue when I disqualified them.

Archived