Titans Hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

TitanLegend

Just now, TitanLegend said:

A defensive head coach doesn't mean you can't develop your quarterback. If that defensive head coach promises you a great offensive coaching staff that's all that matters, plenty of top tier QBs with defensive head coaches.

Read some that he could bring in Matt LaFleur as OC from the Rams, but not sure how likely that is.

Yeah I mean that's fine and all. Normally though when there's a concern about the current QB the GM loads up on offense. Not sure that would have been safer but it certainly would have been a little more intriguing. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

For me, my #1 target would be DeFilippo.

Would be another good option.

There's no shortage of solid OC candidates right now. I would assume one of the reasons we went ahead and hired Vrabel was so he could get an early pick for his staff.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Would be happy with that. Would like to try and draw Kubiak as OC if he's interested as well, LaFleur from the Rams would be cool with me too.

Unless McVay is just an amazing guy, I don't see him letting LaFleur make a lateral move this off-season. 

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Yeah I mean that's fine and all. Normally though when there's a concern about the current QB the GM loads up on offense. Not sure that would have been safer but it certainly would have been a little more intriguing. 

I'm no coach or expert, but I'm not personally concerned about Mariota. He'll be fine. He's a top 12/10 type QB in this league and has already proven that IMO. I don't really think Robinson is all that concerned about him either. Firing Mularkey was to just get him in to an offensive system that better suited him.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Would be happy with that. Would like to try and draw Kubiak as OC if he's interested as well, LaFleur from the Rams would be cool with me too.

I don't think Kubiak is going to coach anymore he's working in Denver's front office now. I'm not sure LaFleur will leave the Rams unless he gets a head coaching job.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Unless McVay is just an amazing guy, I don't see him letting LaFleur make a lateral move this off-season. 

Possibly not, but we'd offer LaFleur the ability to call plays. Not sure if McVay could tell him no, but maybe. And LaFleur could look at a chance of Mariota having a "bounce back season" and being an even bigger HC candidate next year. That being said, if that Rams offense stays potent he'll probably get hired next year all the same.

Possibly not, but we'd offer LaFleur the ability to call plays. Not sure if McVay could tell him no, but maybe. And LaFleur could look at a chance of Mariota having a "bounce back season" and being an even bigger HC candidate next year. That being said, if that Rams offense stays potent he'll probably get hired next year all the same.

McVay absolutely can tell him no. I don't know if he will. It would be great for LaFleur's career, but after we let Olson take a promotion, I'm not sure how McVay will feel about LaFleur leaving unless he has a plan for a replacement.

Just now, jrry32 said:

McVay absolutely can tell him no. I don't know if he will. It would be great for LaFleur's career, but after we let Olson take a promotion, I'm not sure how McVay will feel about LaFleur leaving unless he has a plan for a replacement.

Yeah that's poor wording on my part, I know he can tell him no. More meant "can" as in would he really turn that opportunity down for him.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm no coach or expert, but I'm not personally concerned about Mariota. He'll be fine. He's a top 12/10 type QB in this league and has already proven that IMO. I don't really think Robinson is all that concerned about him either. Firing Mularkey was to just get him in to an offensive system that better suited him.

I mean, if you assume this season meant nothing and he'll completely turn it around next year than maybe, but he wasn't close to a top 10-12 QB this year. 

Yeah that's poor wording on my part, I know he can tell him no. More meant "can" as in would he really turn that opportunity down for him.

Yea, I don't know. I know he said that he'd let assistants leave for promotions, but I don't know if this would qualify.

Archived