Blake Bortles and the future at Quarterback

pwny

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's the thing though...It feels like sunshine pumping to expect that a guy going through this sort of surgery and rehab this season, is going to come out better for it.  Especially when he's had a history of inconsistent offseasons where...who knows what sort of mechanics he'll even come back with?  They've shown to wildly fluctuate already...add in surgery and rehab and who knows what you're gonna get.  That makes it so much scarier.

Rehab is supposed to be 3-5 weeks based on what it looks like happened. We’re already a week deep.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

That whole team had an awful stretch this year midseason.  Alex Smith wasn't the reason they weren't winning.  Also, Blake had a completely unwatchable embarrassing stretch or two this season.

I don't know how you can hand Kirk Cousins the kind of money he's going to command, without at least thinking Smith is a decent QB.  They're not that far apart.  Cousins has thrown plenty of really bad passes in his NFL career...probably worse than anything you'll see out of Smith even.  He's a similarly mediocre QB...with less consistency at this stage in their careers.

Well yeah, it wasn't just him. But you seem to think Smith won't have any bumps in the road like Blake. He did. Every QB does. Smith is more consistent but it's not as drastic as you're making it out to be.

We both know Blake had things like that in the season and needs to be more consistent. We both know Smith is better. I just don't see it as a drastic improvement. I think if Bortles plays like he did in 2017in 2018 it's relatively marginal upgrade wise. We'll still be heavily leaning on the run game and defense with Smith.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:47 AM, Tugboat said:

Nah, Colvin was.  And you'd trade a 3rd plus Colvin for Alex Smith in a heartbeat.  I know i would.

At this point, we're left with either throwing even more insane money at a QB the Redskins clearly thought wasn't worth it.  Like...franchise ruining money probably.  Pinning the entire season on a completely unknown rookie.  Or rolling the dice with Blake Bortles again...coming off a wrist injury and already inconsistent enough to begin with.  Or maybe some outside shot at Eli Manning or something?

Actually Patrick Robinson was the top Slot CB, as well as the #4 overall CB

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I say sign a vet in FA for 5-8 Million at QB and draft a QB in the 1st two rounds depending on how it falls. get some competition and see if blake can show up then. 

you also said that Marquise Lee was better than Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen so maybe we should do the precise opposite of what you suggest 

32 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

you also said that Marquise Lee was better than Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen so maybe we should do the precise opposite of what you suggest 

Not to mention there is no one that is going to be better than Bortles this year that will cost 5-8M OR drafted at 29th overall or later.

Wish we'd just fire Coughlin and hire this guy already. He's got it all figured out. TC and co. clearly have no idea what the hell their doing by keeping Blake and passing on the likes of Nick Foles, Bridgewater, Keenum, and co.

Thoughts on Foles as a possibility for your late 1? This years contract is pretty friendly. If he wins you offer him a new fat contract if not at least you didnt spend 20 on Bortles. You might be able to tell Blake to hit the street then resign him as competition later for a lot less.

Archived