Has there ever been an NFL player with a weirder career arc than Nick Foles?

Apparition

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yet, your here literally trying to convince people that Foles is a good QB.......

Besides wins and stats and playoff success what else is there?

Your delusions mean nothing.

Remind me who's jersey is in the Hall of Fame next to Peyton Manning's?

Brady has the 4th highest passer rating season in NFL history, who is #3 on that list?

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Nick-Foles-holds-two-NFL-playoff-records-for-quarterbacks-114100642

Foles has dominated in 3 playoff games against defenses ranked 4/4, 8/9, and 1/1.

He had to play all 3 games in the cold and 1 of them in debilitating wind.

All 3 games (and his whole career) are on GamePass. You should watch them and count the drops or hops by his receivers. He could easily have 4 more completions for another 100-150 yards and a another TD or 2. HE IS THAT GOOD. Maybe it is all luck or voodoo or magic, but the results are the same. xD

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Besides wins and stats and playoff success what else is there?

Your delusions mean nothing.

Remind me who's jersey is in the Hall of Fame next to Peyton Manning's?

Brady has the 4th highest passer rating season in NFL history, who is #3 on that list?

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Nick-Foles-holds-two-NFL-playoff-records-for-quarterbacks-114100642

Foles has dominated in 3 playoff games against defenses ranked 4/4, 8/9, and 1/1.

He had to play all 3 games in the cold and 1 of them in debilitating wind.

All 3 games (and his whole career) are on GamePass. You should watch them and count the drops or hops by his receivers. He could easily have 4 more completions for another 100-150 yards and a another TD or 2. HE IS THAT GOOD. Maybe it is all luck or voodoo or magic, but the results are the same. xD

You forgot that he's played for 3 different teams AFTER his initial team spent a 2nd round pick on him. All in what.....6 years? 5years? 

So not only do fans that watch the game disagree with you but so do real NFL coaches.

21 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

THEY did not.

Chip Kelly did.

He also got rid of Evan Mathis, DeSean Jackson, and LeSean McCoy to name a few.

Kelly was 14-4 with Foles and 14-31 without him.

Do you want to side with Kelly on this?

Ray Rhodes banished Randall Cunningham. I think Denny Green proved him an idiot, right?

Rhodes could not even last more than 1 year with Favre as his QB.

Chip Kelly trading Foles actually worked out well for the eagles so...I will side with chip on this one.

Ownership signed off on it. So thus the eagles did trade Foles...not just chip kelly who was a failure but actually got one thing right.

Nick Foles probably isn't a terrible starter but there's a reason he was traded for a superior QB (When healthy anyway) and was a backup the past 2 seasons. He's not that good.

45 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The 2013 Eagles were 8-2 with Foles and 2-4 with Vick  (hold up 1 finger) 

He played well this year.   Already said that.   No one is wrong about that because most people would admit it.

The 2014 Eagles were 6-2 with Foles and 4-4 with Sanchez. (now hold up another finger)

He didnt "elevate" them,   He was mediocre outside of a couple games, even in games they won.      Nice try though.

Can you count how many fingers you are holding up now? Is it 1 finger? I guess he did it twice then. xD

Im only holding up one finger right now.

Still waiting for you to debunk anything I said, sweetheart.

The 2015 Eagles did not have LeSean McCoy to elevate them so they went 7-9.

FIFY.

Probably didnt help having a bottom 5 defense, either.   

Yet again, another moron

I thought the same thing after I read your first post.   B|

31 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You forgot that he's played for 3 different teams AFTER his initial team spent a 2nd round pick on him. All in what.....6 years? 5years? 

So not only do fans that watch the game disagree with you but so do real NFL coaches.

The Rams did not really care much about him compared to getting out from Bradford's contract. Maybe they liked him or not, I have no idea. Getting out of cap hell by getting rid of hurt-or-losing-games Bradford was the priority. Kelly also threw in a 2nd rounder because he was a hideous GM.

The Rams were awful to him and kept him way late even though they had Keenum and Goff. By the time he was a free agent, most teams had their QBs set.  (mid July)

Reid thought enough of him to pay him 1.75 million to be the backup but Foles and his agent insisted on starter money (10 million) in year 2 so the Chiefs could not hold him hostage like the Rams. He was for all intents a free agent after a 1-year deal. The Chiefs could only give him that 1.75 million in 2016 because they were close to the cap and the case was even more true in 2017. They also cut Maclin, does that mean he is not a real NFL WR? Is every player let go over cap crunch bad?

The Eagles and the Bucs both wanted Foles this year. I have no idea of others teams did or did not want him and neither do you. The Eagles are paying him 11 million (guaranteed 7) over 2 years (fake 5 years for cap reasons).

The Eagles (Howie Roseman) got him back because Chump Kelly (after removing Howie in a power play) made a huge mistake.

The coach and the team who drafted him both wanted him back. At least Tampa also wanted him. We have no idea how anyone else besides Jeff Fisher really felt about him.

Are you trying to put forth an argument that a team like Arizona going with Stanton over Foles and failing miserably somehow lessens Foles value on the field?

Like his 116 playoff passer rating is more like 90 or 95 because the Bears don't love him?

Cleveland picked Kizer and picks over Watson and/or Wentz. Are you done with that line of discussion now?

22 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Chip Kelly trading Foles actually worked out well for the eagles so...I will side with chip on this one.

Ownership signed off on it. So thus the eagles did trade Foles...not just chip kelly who was a failure but actually got one thing right.

Nick Foles probably isn't a terrible starter but there's a reason he was traded for a superior QB (When healthy anyway) and was a backup the past 2 seasons. He's not that good.

France getting their butts kicked in the French and Indian War worked out for them because England took on too much debt. Would you also say that France was a bunch of military geniuses for fighting poorly and losing a war?

The Bradford trade was AWFUL.

That Roseman was able to turn the Bridgewater injury into a Bradford for the #14 pick is all on him, not Kelly.

This also happened AFTER Bradford signed a new contract, so the Eagles could have signed him away from St Louis when the previous contract expired because Fisher wanted nothing more to do with  Bradford.

Keep going on the Kelly worship though. Tell me how trading Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso was a fantastic deal.

Tell me how getting fired from 2 teams in 13 months proves he is a better GM than Foles is as a QB.

Which Super Bowl did Kelly coach in again?

30 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

France getting their butts kicked in the French and Indian War worked out for them because England took on too much debt. Would you also say that France was a bunch of military geniuses for fighting poorly and losing a war?

The Bradford trade was AWFUL.

That Roseman was able to turn the Bridgewater injury into a Bradford for the #14 pick is all on him, not Kelly.

This also happened AFTER Bradford signed a new contract, so the Eagles could have signed him away from St Louis when the previous contract expired because Fisher wanted nothing more to do with  Bradford.

Keep going on the Kelly worship though. Tell me how trading Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso was a fantastic deal.

Tell me how getting fired from 2 teams in 13 months proves he is a better GM than Foles is as a QB.

Which Super Bowl did Kelly coach in again?

Not really, It was fair value for a solid starting QB coming off a major injury. Yes Roseman did flip Bradford for the pick but still it worked out didn't it? 

Uh huh could've would've should've.

....I clearly said Chip kelly was a failure but okay I'm a worshiper of his.

I hope you get your wish and the eagles trade Wentz away and you start Foles next year, I'm not gonna bother replying to any of your further replies after this so enjoy your day sir.

Archived