Nintendo Switch Thread

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Honestly I have still only played Zelda, Odyssey, and Stardew Valley. I will be getting Mario Tennis and likely the Labo thing, the mixed one not the robot. 

Back to Zelda, I like the open world concept but still like to have some direction/sense of progress being made. Would you recommend like a game informer or something to give you the best tactics to complete the game as fast as possible. I essentially don't want to waste time doing little objectives/playing with the maps. 

39 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Back to Zelda, I like the open world concept but still like to have some direction/sense of progress being made. Would you recommend like a game informer or something to give you the best tactics to complete the game as fast as possible. I essentially don't want to waste time doing little objectives/playing with the maps. 

This is difficult because rushing through BOTW is an odd concept to me. But in order to do the 4 main dungeons and beat Ganon, you are going to need to have done a healthy chunk of the Shrines to build up Stamina and Health. The game is pretty straight forward once you get to the first dungeon (I would recommend the elephant one), so look up how to get to that one and go from there. 

I wouldn't say that anything I did felt "silly", until I was hunting out the last 20 shrines to have all 120. I only did a few side quests as well, since I was more interested in things relevant to the story. 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:03 AM, Spartacus said:

So after borrowing a buddies switch to play breath of the wild I finally dove in and bought one myself. Other than Mario and BOTW what games does everyone recommend? Xenoblade 2 looks like my next purchase but who knows. 

If you haven't played Skyrim, it's totally worth the full price to me. This is the fourth time I have purchased it. And very surprisingly, it runs incredibly well. You can tell the textures and lighting were dialed back a touch, as is draw distance, but otherwise super smooth. I have had zero framerate issues, no gamebreaking glitches (but typical Skyrim fun glitches). Along with Skyrim, Stardew Valley is the ultimate timesink. Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are both amazingly fun as well as gorgeous games. Bright, colorful, and technically sound.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Finally caved and bought a Switch today with Mario Kart and Zelda. I really like it so far - I'm impressed with how both games look and play. Zelda is going to be amazing based on the few hours that I've played already. 

Enjoy the journey 

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I need something multiplayer to play. Not really into racing games so Mario Kart is kind of out for me. How good is Splatoon 2? 

It's fun, very fast paced, and very easy to get into. Lots of maps, constant updates and new weapon variations, great co-op "horde mode" with really cool rewards, and its fun competing in the "Splatfests". I highly recommend.

5 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Anyone know if Rocket League is worth it? Never played it before.

My 474 hours on the Steam version suggest that I think it's pretty great.

It's hilarious fun when you're garbage and it's so satisfying when you notice yourself getting better and better over time.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:55 PM, navysaintsfan said:

If you haven't played Skyrim, it's totally worth the full price to me. This is the fourth time I have purchased it. And very surprisingly, it runs incredibly well. You can tell the textures and lighting were dialed back a touch, as is draw distance, but otherwise super smooth. I have had zero framerate issues, no gamebreaking glitches (but typical Skyrim fun glitches). Along with Skyrim, Stardew Valley is the ultimate timesink. Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are both amazingly fun as well as gorgeous games. Bright, colorful, and technically sound.

The problem with Skyrim is I have played, replayed, played the expansions, played with mods, replayed with different mods, and the played it on a guitar hero guitar while standing on my head and singing the national anthem. I need something new. 

21 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Buying Splatoon 2 this afternoon. Needed something multiplayer to play on the fly. New baby doesn't allow me to really get into games like Zelda at the moment. 

Splatoon 2 is great in this regard considering matches are only 3 minutes long (outside of the co-op Horde mode).