Nintendo Switch Thread

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:37 AM, The Gnat said:

Got a Switch yesterday. Only have Mario Kart and Breath of the Wilds for it thus far. What are some of the other favorite games for the system? 

I'm thinking about buying this weekend.

Bought an Xbox One a year ago and haven't played it a ton. I don't have the time to get good enough at the first person shooter games online to make it enjoyable. I've played 10 rounds of Fortnite and haven't killed one person lol! I bought a WiiU two years ago when I was hungover after a few mimosas to play Mario Cart. Had a fun couple of weeks with it but that system ran its course as multiplayer/story modes seemed limited. 

Seems like with the switch I can graze on Zelda/Mario while potentially getting the fiancé involved?! Plus this would add a new element to airplane travel.  Hoping the switch is the fit!  

5 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Is Zelda/Mario heavy with dialogue/instruction scenes? I imagine Zelda is.  

Not in a bad way. This Zelda is quite a bit different than the past ones so there is some learning to be done, but most of it is done in the first area. You get through that in a couple hours but I enjoyed all of it. 

Mario is a lot quicker. You learn as you play

I love BotW and all the Mario games but I don’t see Switch taking over for the reasons cited - lack of exclusives that make it a must own.  

It will keep its niche thanks to being both handheld and console but until it can break the glass ceiling of attracting more third party exclusives they are simply treading water.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I love BotW and all the Mario games but I don’t see Switch taking over for the reasons cited - lack of exclusives that make it a must own.  

It will keep its niche thanks to being both handheld and console but until it can break the glass ceiling of attracting more third party exclusives they are simply treading water.  

Nintendo will continue to innovate, however the way studio's and AAA titles work these days go against Nintendo's strategy. Studio's will make more money releasing a game cross platform and porting it. It is hard to port to the last 3 Nintendo consoles because of how different they operate than the Xbox and PS. It is what it is, but as long as Nintendo continues to make incredible 1st party games, I will buy their console

40 moons* since last Friday! I'm low key addicted to Mario, skill level is perfect for a casual gamer like myself. I also got Mario Cart 8, cool it has more cups then the WiiU version. Still annoyed that they give you them all to start though. Unlocking new umbrella's to use on your kart isn't really an incentive to advance in the game. 

Edited by PaulWall_23
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...