Nintendo Switch Thread

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How long approx is Fire Emblem Three Houses? I'm kinda ready to be done with it, but I do wanna finish the story. 

I think it took me around 40 hours for my first playthrough. I have finished two playthroughs of the game and have logged about 65 hours. 

Depending on which house you picked there are between 18 and 22 chapters. If you're about over it, you can always automate a lot of the training/exploring stuff and just do the main story missions. 

Link's Awakening showed up! I'm excited to get going with that tonight. I've played through maybe half of it on the Gameboy Color, so a lot of it will be new to me. 

I also have Dragon Quest XI coming from eBay - I saw it going for just $40 and couldn't pass it up. That'll take up a couple of months after Zelda...

On the fence about Pokemon. I'm sure I'll play it eventually, probably just not right away. 

2020 actually looks quite light right now. Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and not much else announced. Neither one of those is necessarily a must-have for me, so I should have time to catch up. 

Link's Awakening is pretty fun so far. I've only finished the first two dungeons, neither of which was very hard, but I've missed the traditional Zelda format where you go to a dungeon, get an item, solve puzzles using that item, then rinse and repeat. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, PaulWall_23 said:

Anyone get Luigi's Mansion 3 yet? Looks like a fun concept and I'm guessing plays similar to Odyssey? Thanks! 

Doesn't play anything like Odyssey. The Luigi's Mansion games aren't platformers. They're more more adventure-style games with puzzles that you have to solve. Fairly unique, actually. 

Edited by Lions017

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Doesn't play anything like Odyssey. The Luigi's Mansion games aren't platformers. They're more more adventure-style games with puzzles that you have to solve. Fairly unique, actually. 

Sounds like I'm going to have to check it out. You should get it day 1 and post your thoughts lol. 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:52 PM, JonStark said:

Beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance (wel the story mode, don't have enough time to level everyone up). On to Link's awakening which is awesome so far.

Gotta beat that by November 15 before Pokemon and Jedi Fallen Order (xbox) come out! 

Gonna be a crazy back and forth for me!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Is anyone getting Luigi's Mansion?  I would, but Pokemon is about to drop.

Nah, more of a rental for me. 

I'm playing Dragon Quest XI. If you like JRPG's it's phenomenal. Great mix of class SNES-type gameplay and modern stuff.