Nintendo Switch Thread

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

is Fire Emblem a RPG?  Looks more like a tactical and strategy game with some RPG elements.  Maybe it's categorized as a tactical RPG and/or a turn based game.

Most fire emblem games are more tactical RPG but the FE3H is basically an RPG with tactical combat. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, showtime said:

is Fire Emblem a RPG?  Looks more like a tactical and strategy game with some RPG elements.  Maybe it's categorized as a tactical RPG and/or a turn based game.

It's an sRPG.  It's more RPG than previous iterations.   It's like Persona with the typical FE strategy/tactical based combat.  I have MUA and FE:3H, and FE has much heavier RPG elements than MUA does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jyod21 said:

It's an sRPG.  It's more RPG than previous iterations.   It's like Persona with the typical FE strategy/tactical based combat.  I have MUA and FE:3H, and FE has much heavier RPG elements than MUA does.

Ultimate Alliance is an aRPG.  It's more similar to Diablo and games like that.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ultimate Alliance is an aRPG.  It's more similar to Diablo and games like that.

I understand that.  I'm saying that if MUA is considered an RPG, then Three Houses is absolutely an RPG.  You're right though.  MUA is an aRPG, and FE:3H is an sRPG. 

Just now, jyod21 said:

I understand that.  I'm saying that if MUA is considered an RPG, then Three Houses is absolutely an RPG.  You're right though.  MUA is an aRPG, and FE:3H is an sRPG. 

I agree.  When he said he's looking for RPG type games, I wasn't sure if he meant stuff like Skyrim or Fallout.  The tricky thing about RPGs is there are different categories for them.  There's a pretty huge difference between Fire Emblem, Diablo 3 and Skyrim. 

Skyrim is actually on the Switch, I believe.  That might interest him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I'm on the fence.  It looks cool, but I'm going to wait for reviews and more gameplay to be online, to see if it's something I would sink time into. 

I'm also waiting.  Some previews have been released and it seems really good.  I see a lot of people comparing it to Bayonetta, but according to some people who have the game it's not like Bayonetta.  I was watching a preview that said you spend more time investigating and exploring than you do in combat, which is really interesting.

I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta and Nier Automata and apparently this game will be in that same type of family.

Games I officially now own or on pre order:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (this game is an easy 9.25/10 game)

Breath of the Wild (probably won't even play this for a long long while, big time commitment)

Pokemon Shield (can't wait! haven't played Pokemon since I was 12 (Pokemon Silver/Gold) outside of Pokemon Go but I remember it was probably the funnest game I've played in my 30 years of life)

NBA 2K20

Also I got my Switch and games at Gamestop but I'm not shopping there anymore after looking at YouTube videos of how they treat their tenured employees. Holy smokes! Evil company.

I guess Amazon and Target from now on. I don't have a Best Buy and I hate Walmart.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Games I officially now own or on pre order:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (this game is an easy 9.25/10 game)

Breath of the Wild (probably won't even play this for a long long while, big time commitment)

Pokemon Shield (can't wait! haven't played Pokemon since I was 12 (Pokemon Silver/Gold) outside of Pokemon Go but I remember it was probably the funnest game I've played in my 30 years of life)

NBA 2K20

Also I got my Switch and games at Gamestop but I'm not shopping there anymore after looking at YouTube videos of how they treat their tenured employees. Holy smokes! Evil company.

I guess Amazon and Target from now on. I don't have a Best Buy and I hate Walmart.

Sweet.  How you liking the Switch so far?

On 8/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, jyod21 said:

I'm on the fence.  It looks cool, but I'm going to wait for reviews and more gameplay to be online, to see if it's something I would sink time into. 

Looks fun, but it's probably more of a rental type of thing for me. I usually get GameFly for about two months out of the year and burn through a bunch of the shorter single-player games. I'll probably do that for games like Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion in a few months. 

• Like 1