Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

I just pre-purchased it and downloaded it yesterday. I will easily invest hundreds of hours into this game. I love turn-based strategy (Fire Emblem, XCOM, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc).

Same.  I have it pre ordered.  I didn't discover Fire Emblem until a few years ago, but I really enjoy the Strategy game with RPG elements style.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I really like what I've seen on it so far, as far as people who have played the game.   I see myself dumping hundreds of hours into it, as well. 

New Switch model just announced, the base model with improved battery life by ~2 hours. Likely new chip inside, so this will likely have slightly improved performance. Hopefully this drops the price of the current base model!

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

New Switch model just announced, the base model with improved battery life by ~2 hours. Likely new chip inside, so this will likely have slightly improved performance. Hopefully this drops the price of the current base model!

Unlikely, this is nintendo's new handheld to replace the 3DS and is likely going to be their reason to keep the switch at it's current pricepoint. (mostly because this is the cheapest console available now)

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I've just seen that it ups the battery life.  Everything else seems to be the same, unless I'm mistaken.  Also, the Switch Lite is going to be $200 and the base model Switch is $300.  I suppose they could drop the base model to maybe $250.  But I think eventually they might just discontinue to base model and replace it with this newer model for $300.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've just seen that it ups the battery life.  Everything else seems to be the same, unless I'm mistaken.  Also, the Switch Lite is going to be $200 and the base model Switch is $300.  I suppose they could drop the base model to maybe $250.  But I think eventually they might just discontinue to base model and replace it with this newer model for $300.

Yeah, what I mean is how can they justify selling the original with 2.5-6.5 hours battery life for the same price as the new one that has 4.5-9.5 or whatever the numbers were. You would think they would drop the price until they were sold out

I would hope we see something like the 3 models selling like this.....

1. New, Handheld mode only, $200
2. Original base, $250 (reduced $50 until out of stock)
3. Upgraded Original, $300

Edited by JBURGE

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Geez that's insane.  Have you seen this one?

This level involves insane eye coordination and skill. I’m not a fan of the one I posted because the more I watch, the more I realize nobody can do it unless you’re aware of how to abuse mechanics in Mario maker.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, showtime said:

I've never even heard of this game until a few days ago.  I'm considering buying it.

I'm really excited for it.  It comes out tonight/tomorrow.  The community is weird as hell, so I just avoid it, but the games are great.  This looks like a huge step up for them even.  It's been garnering GOTY hype.  

On 7/17/2019 at 12:47 PM, JBURGE said:

Yeah, what I mean is how can they justify selling the original with 2.5-6.5 hours battery life for the same price as the new one that has 4.5-9.5 or whatever the numbers were. You would think they would drop the price until they were sold out

I would hope we see something like the 3 models selling like this.....

1. New, Handheld mode only, $200
2. Original base, $250 (reduced $50 until out of stock)
3. Upgraded Original, $300

This is exactly what I think will happen. I’m gonna get my nephew the Switch Lite and then debating either getting the Switch with extra battery for 300 or saving 50 bucks. Probably will opt for the extra battery version. 

9 hours ago, showtime said:

@jyod21 How's the game?  Does it actually have a true tutorial part for someone who is brand new to the game or does it assume you already know how to play since this is like the 20th installment of the game?

I’ve really enjoyed it, so far.  It’s really deep.  I think it’s a good jumping in point for someone who hasn’t played the games.  There will be a little learning curve, but it’s not too much to handle.  It feels a little intimidating, at first, but it pretty much walks you through it, and once it starts to click, you’re good to go.  Fire Emblem games are almost all standalone games, so you don’t need to have played any of the others to understand the lore or anything.  It’s kind of like Persona meets Fire Emblem.  If you’re on the fence about it, I would go for it.