Sign in to follow this  
Heimdallr

Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

58 posts in this topic

SteelKing728    11
22 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Sankey has a confirmed torn ACL, so he is gone. I don't see Cobb being anything more than a camp body though.

I saw that too. Such a shame.

Cobb most likely will be, barring injury, but at least it would be a dream come true for him!

Heimdallr    22
1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

On Saturday the Vikings announced that the club has signed free agent RB Bronson Hill, and waived (injured) RB Bishop Sankey.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-Free-Agent-RB-Bronson-Hill/b077f9a0-57bd-43c6-8ee3-b65b614b1503

Not a significant signing, but maybe he makes our PS if he does well.

I guess that means Cobb didn't make the team?

SteelKing728    11
20 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I guess that means Cobb didn't make the team?

Yeah that sounds right. I think there was some interest in him around the league though. Like Detroit??

disaacs    16

Former 49ers cornerback Tramaine Brock has been cleared of domestic violence chargers and will begin visiting NFL teams to find his next employer. Brock’s first visit is setup with the Vikings’ Friday night opponent, the Seattle Seahawks, but sources have linked Brock to the purple as well.

http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/15/vikings-linked-to-former-49ers-cb-tramaine-brock/

Robbroy45    1

Based on what I saw, Brock signed with Seattle after his visit wrapped up with them. Bummer, he would've been a great 3rd or 4th corner here

vikingsrule    6
On August 15, 2017 at 2:05 PM, SemperFeist said:

Would be an excellent depth signing. 

Not sure he's needed. Newman is the depth CB, assuming Alexander is the nickel. 

Brock would essentially be a healthy scratch every week barring injury.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not sure he's needed. Newman is the depth CB, assuming Alexander is the nickel. 

Brock would essentially be a healthy scratch every week barring injury.

I think your underestimating how good Brock is. Probably could come in a start ahead of Waynes on the outside. Hard to say that with how much of a fan I am of Waynes, but Brock is dang good.

Most likely situation is Brock if he would of ended up here is he would be our #1 slot corner leaving Alexander being a scratch.

If it wasn't for the domestic violence situation he would of ended up with a pretty hefty contract.