Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

47 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

48 players were Day 3 draft picks by the Vikings from 2015 to 2020.

Josh Metellus and Stefon Diggs are the only 2 players from this group of 48 to earn an extension from Minnesota before their rookie contract was due to expire.

TheVikingAge.com

I’d be very curious to see how many day 3 picks get 2nd contracts from the teams that draft them. 

I’d venture to guess that most day 3 picks don’t get a 2nd contract at all. 

Star Tribune’s Andrew Krammer revealed some minor injury news and mentioned the Gowan roster move in a tweet Thursday afternoon:

“Vikings added punter Ryan Wright to the injury report with an ankle injury, but he was listed as a full participant. Linebacker Troy Dye (elbow) also remained a full participant. The team also agreed to an injury settlement w/ CB Tay Gowan and waived him from I.R.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/vikings-waive-veteran?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

What does our record need to be prior to the trade deadline before we let Cousins/agent know that the Jets are interested in trading for him, and if that something that he sees as an opportunity to waive his no trade clause for. 

2-6? If that’s how we start, before the Oct 31st deadline

Edited by CriminalMind