Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It's happening!!!

If the Falcons have to forfeit their first-round pick like the Dolphins, the Vikings will be picking 10th and 22nd.

I won't hold my breath, but being in the top ten is better than being on the outside looking in.  Should the Vikings want to trade up, their hand will be improved.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

It seems unlikely that the league will hand out a punishment for this year’s draft unless they’re taking the unusual measure of enforcing a pick swap with the Minnesota Vikings, the team ostensibly wronged by Atlanta’s early contact. A flip from No. 8 to No. 11 would give Minnesota a better chance of getting their quarterback of the future without causing grievous harm to Atlanta’s draft plans, but it seems doubtful the NFL would blow up this year’s draft planning for one or more franchises with less than a week to go until the draft actually starts.

More than likely, Atlanta will lose a selection or two in the 2025 NFL Draft.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2024/4/22/24137041/falcons-expected-to-see-significant-penalty-for-kirk-cousins-tampering-per-adam-schefter

• Like 2

Just now, vike daddy said:

It seems unlikely that the league will hand out a punishment for this year’s draft unless they’re taking the unusual measure of enforcing a pick swap with the Minnesota Vikings, the team ostensibly wronged by Atlanta’s early contact. A flip from No. 8 to No. 11 would give Minnesota a better chance of getting their quarterback of the future without causing grievous harm to Atlanta’s draft plans, but it seems doubtful the NFL would blow up this year’s draft planning for one or more franchises with less than a week to go until the draft actually starts.

More than likely, Atlanta will lose a selection or two in the 2025 NFL Draft.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2024/4/22/24137041/falcons-expected-to-see-significant-penalty-for-kirk-cousins-tampering-per-adam-schefter

Sounds about right.  I really wouldn't get why the Vikings should benefit from something that likely didn't affect the outcome of the negotiations...he was going to Atlanta regardless. 

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

he was going to Atlanta regardless.

But do we actually know that? 

The tampering by Atlanta may have been what prevented him from accepting Minnesota’s offer. Or at least, that’s what can be argued  

Personally, I do believe Minnesota should benefit from any punishment to Atlanta because Atlanta got the player that they tampered with. 

We saw Miami forfeit their 1st round pick for tampering with Brady, who they ultimately didn’t sign. Atlanta signed Cousins. If the NFL wants to draw a line in the sand on tampering, which they are already pretty loose on, then the punishment to Atlanta should be harsher than Miami. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

But do we actually know that?

You'll never actually know for sure, but I'm pretty certain that it was 90% the case, yes, he was going to Atlanta. Talking to the trainer likely has little to do with actual contract. I bet the only thing that was potentially discussed directly with the trainer is just about the rehab process.  It's a violation, but not egregious, at least IMO.

The Miami thing was a whole other level, because it involved the owner himself getting involved in tampering.  There's absolutely no chance that this penalty will be harsher than what they received.

Edited by swede700

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Talking to the trainer likely has little to do with actual contract.

That might be what got people’s attention. But if the NFL starts investigating and pulling at that thread, do we honestly believe that’s where the tampering started and stopped? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That might be what got people’s attention. But if the NFL starts investigating and pulling at that thread, do we honestly believe that’s where the tampering started and stopped? 

I suppose we don't know. I guess we'll find out. However, like I said last week, if the Vikings get anything out of it (which I'm not sure they should), I'd be surprised if it's anything more than a late-round pick swap. Anyone expecting any huge windfall is likely going to be disappointed. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

As you can see, the latest thing to surface there is a purported white alternate jersey for the Vikings.

Of course, the Vikings already have a white jersey. So why would they need another one? According to a source who I heard from earlier in the month, the Vikings are planning to add a white alternate helmet. Everything else this source has told me has so far turned out to be accurate. So the white helmet would presumably go with this newly leaked white jersey design.

https://uni-watch.com/2024/04/22/minnesota-vikings-white-alternate-jersey-leaks-white-helmet-may-follow/

25 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Interesting to say the least!

Yeah, none of the new players have been assigned numbers yet.  However, the pickings are slim for Darnold (#1, #2, #8, #15, #17, #19)  I doubt he'll want to wear #8...maybe he'll be able to pay off Wright for #14 (as I don't think there's an extensive amount of Wright jerseys out there).  Otherwise, I see #2 in his future. 

Aaron Jones wore #29 at UTEP.  Jojuan Williams wore #8 at Vandy...solved.

• Like 1