Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 5/13/2024 at 6:22 AM, vike daddy said:

This will be the first season since 2015 that the Vikings have had the same Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Defensive Coordinator for consecutive years.

VikingsNation.com

Wow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Someone came up with their own concept version of the "whiteout" jerseys, which are rumored to being worn this year.

Could be worse. Could be better. 

There’s no point in changing the jersey or the pants for a “white out” look. It’s fine to keep the thin lines of yellow. 

If they’re going to do a white helmet, then I think I’d just make the horn grey, and keep the gold accent. Instead of trying to outline the horn with excessive purple. 

Robert Tonyan worked in Green Bay with tight ends coach Brian Angelichio, who currently is the passing game coordinator/tight ends coach in Minnesota....

Tonyan started his football career as a quarterback. As a high school QB in Illinois, he earned All-State nominations in 2010 and 2011 and set a McHenry East High School record of 5,000 career passing yards and had 40 career touchdown passes....

In 2014, Tonyan transitioned from quarterback to wide receiver and played in 13 games for the Sycamores, recording 54 catches for 747 yards and four touchdowns....

In 2019, Tonyan rented a room from Pro Bowl tight end George Kittle. ESPN's Rob Demovsky told the story, noting that Tonyan and Kittle trained together ahead of the 2017 NFL Draft and had the same agent. When Kittle decided he needed a roommate for the summer, he sent out a text to several people and Tonyan was the first to respond....

https://www.vikings.com/news/robert-tonyan-tight-end-5-things-to-know

I'll start by saying that I do much prefer a "white out" look over a black uni. Black is just so overdone and more a Ravens thing than a Vikings thing. With that said, Im on the fence with the gray. Ive seen quite a few others question why gray over yellow and I think that's a fair question, BUT I think the vision with the gray is to have a more "snowy" look and they wanted another "cool" color, not something like a bright yellow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

ahaa. we'll see what the terms are, but i'll give Kwesi the benefit of any doubts now that he didn't cave to desperation.

It'll at least bring a healthy competition.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

A week ago this move wouldn’t have surprised me. But after the comments we heard from Wes Phillips regarding Blake Brandel, I’m a bit surprised. Probably more from the Risner side of things. Based on Phillips’ comments, I would think that Risner will be behind Brandel on the depth chart. 

Unless there’s something going on at center or right guard that hasn’t come out publicly yet. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A week ago this move wouldn’t have surprised me. But after the comments we heard from Wes Phillips regarding Blake Brandel, I’m a bit surprised. Probably more from the Risner side of things. Based on Phillips’ comments, I would think that Risner will be behind Brandel on the depth chart. 

Unless there’s something going on at center or right guard that hasn’t come out publicly yet. 

or... those comments were a public message to Risner to the effect of... "we can move on without you if you don't meet our price. we've made our offer, training camp starts soon, and we need to move forward...."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

or... those comments were a public message to Risner to the effect of... "we can move on without you if you don't meet our price. we've made our offer, training camp starts soon, and we need to move forward...."

This is what I thought as well.