Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Still trying to confirm this. How awful.

The Vikings website hasn't said anything yet and neither have any of the major news guys (Rapoport, Meirov, Schefter) but it sounds true. My goodness 24 is too young! 

Edited by SteelKing728

Minnesota Vikings’ rookie cornerback Khyree Jackson was among three people killed in a car crash early Saturday morning in Maryland, police said. He was 24.

The crash occurred just before 3:15 a.m. in Prince George’s County and involved a total of three vehicles, state police said in a news release.

Jackson was in the front passenger seat of a maroon Dodge Charger and was traveling with Isaiah Hazel, 23, and Anthony Lytton, 24.

Hazel, the driver, and Jackson died at the scene, police said. Lytton was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Authorities said the driver of a silver Infiniti, identified as Cori Clingman, was traveling northbound on Route 4 and attempted to change lanes while "driving at a high rate of speed." The Infiniti struck the Charger and then hit a Chevrolet Impala, the news release states.

The force of the crash caused the Charger to travel off the road and hit multiple tree stumps before coming to a stop.

NBC News,com

Posted (edited)

people are so stupid.... mixing alcohol and high speed driving, and at 3 am. that lady is in a lot of trouble, killing three people.

still, even in prison until she's 50 (she's 23 now) and getting abused by her sisters, she's better off than her dead victims and their familes.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Please don’t post links from this Twitter account.  It’s a trash engagement farming account. 

Really sad news, was looking forward to him at the team. Really awful that some people can just choose to be reckless like this and end someone’s life. 

• Like 2

O’Connell: “I am absolutely crushed by this news. Khyree brought a contagious energy to our facility and our team. His confidence and engaging personality immediately drew his teammates to him. In our short time together, it was evident Khyree was going to develop into a tremendous professional football player, but what was more impressive was his desire to become the best person he could be for his family and those around him. I am at a loss for words. My heart goes out to Khyree’s family, friends, teammates and coaches.”

Kwesi: “I am heartbroken by the loss of Khyree. As we got to know him throughout the pre-draft process, it was clear the goals Khyree wanted to accomplish both professionally and personally. His story was one of resilience. He was taking steps to become the best version of himself not just for him, but for those who cared about and looked up to him. Khyree’s personality captured every room he was in. I’m devastated that his life and everything he had in front of him has been cut short. My thoughts are with Khyree’s family and friends, those who played with and coached him in college, and his teammates and coaches here at the Vikings.”

vikings.com

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

people are so stupid.... mixing alcohol and high speed driving, and at 3 am. that lady is in a lot of trouble, killing three people.

still, even in prison she's better off than they are.

I found the link to this story if anyone is interested. She ruined 3 bright futures. She'll have to live with that the rest of her life, which might be the worst fate of all. 

I know that sounds harsh, but the decision was beyond stupid. Isn't this why we have Uber and Lyft??!?

https://www.on3.com/news/accident-that-claimed-life-of-khyree-jackson-also-claimed-lives-of-anthony-lytton-jr-isaiah-hazel/

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I found the link to this story if anyone is interested. She ruined 3 bright futures. She'll have to live with that the rest of her life, which might be the worst fate of all. 

uh no, three young men are dead. and at least one was aiming toward building a life that supported many others in his family.

the idea that she might be remorseful over is not a horrible fate to have.

• Like 4