Predict The Pick: 19, Cowboys

Texas_OutLaw7

WHO WILL THE COWBOYS DRAFT 19TH OVERALL?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL THE COWBOYS DRAFT 19TH OVERALL?

• Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
    • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
    • Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
    • Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
    • James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
    • Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
    • Billy Price, OL, Ohio State
    • Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
    • Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
    • Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
    • Taven Bryan, DL, Florida
    • Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
    • Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
    • Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
    • Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2018 at 12:09 AM

I didn't vote on this thread because I really want to see what you guys came up with and the factor matter is it's a pretty close for me Edmunds or Payne would be two really good fits and be the highest potential players available in my opinion so if either one of these guys want to be out pic I will be very happy. But of course who knows how to draft will fall into place

I voted Hurst. I just see a lot of similarities to Aaron Donald. I at first didn't like the player from the little tape I saw on him, but as I expanded the amount of plays and tape I watched on him he has a lot of untapped potential that he can use at the next level. He has a great first step and burst off the ball. He was also asked to play every technique along the defensive line so his assignments changed regularly. If asked to be a 3 tech and only that he could be a havoc on the DL. When he actually used his hands and pass rush moves instead of bull rushing he was very fun to watch.

If we were running a 3-4, I would give the nod to Edmunds just based on freakish potential.  But in a 4-3, I’m not even sure if he’ll be on the field in nickel.  

I think Payne would instantly make us a complete defense.  Our rush defense was atrocious in 2017.  He plays the run great, collapses the pocket and offers versatility on the DL.  To me, it’s a no brainer.

It came down to Edmunds and Payne for me, but I did give serious thought on Kirk at this spot. I think he’s going to be a great WR in this league, but I think we could get good value at WR in the 2nd/3rd round. Ultimately I went with Payne. I was itching to take Vea if he was available, but since he’s gone I went with 1b at the DT spot. Edmunds is a great talent but I am of the thinking that your 1st round pick should still your biggest need and start (within reason). and I don’t think he sees the field much barring injury. Payne steps in as a day 1 starter and fortifies the middle of the DL, something we’ve missed for years.

Archived