ProBowl Mock. 3 Rounds, 2 trades. Update : 4th round

zappa13004

Though there is no way the Browns roll the dice like that, I like this draft a lot. I can see O'Neil putting on fifteen pounds in an NFL program and taking over at LT in 2019. Oliver is the last clear CB1 left IMO. I love Baker so I love this draft. I like Penny a bit more than Freeman but wouldn't be angry if it went down this way.

It's time for round four. At this point, some considerations for the Browns pick would be FS Armani Watts, a value WR grab like Michael Gallup/Marcel Ateman, a value CB grab like M.J. Stewart/ Holton Hill in this deep draft, Jeff Holland DE, maybe even a TE or another RB. 

7 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Don't hate it, but dont love it for the bengals 

Okay. But id prefer than you tell why ? If you want of course. I mean i do not post my mock to receive a grade but to share with you guys and receive your feelings about a player or a position. And if you will to, can you tell me if this is true than your FO want to resign Bodine ?

So yeah, I have a big problem with handing the Redskins Lamar Jackson. It seems like this is what a majority of the mock drafters do because they don't have anywhere else to put him and he is the next RGIII. Hey, it happened with him, why not try it with Jackson. 

The Redskins may be dumb, but not that dumb, well at least everyone but Allen and Snyder, who are complete idiots. But they do know not to make the mistake of taking another RGIII type QB. 

Also, they have a lot of high hopes for Montae Nicholson to not take Derwin James regardless of the talent level. RB, WR, DL, ILB there and you're set. 

But this draft for the Redskins is not good at all. 

I'd be happy if this was the Browns fourth round. That said, it's a bit crushing passing on both value-position DEs for the Buckeyes. The Browns still could use a rotational DE. I would love Gallup at the top of the fourth, though with Gordon/Coleman/Kirk(/sign T. Pryor?), it may be advantageous to do something like 4.1 Tyquan Lewis; 4.23 Armani Watts; 5.1 Antonio Callaway (or perhaps Holton Hill CB if you just add on to what you have). That'd be great value as I'm not sure which DEs will be left after round four, though there are still some quality WR. It might be time for round five. Great work!

For Cleveland - I could live with barkley at #1 but I can't see Mayfield being anything more than Johnny 2.0. I'm sorry but I cannot shake that feeling no matter what people say about him. He is too short and has a serious attitude, which I don't like. I'm not down with the whole "He has Moxie" statement. Go Josh Allen and hope we signed a decent vet for him to learn from. 

2nd is good! I like the positions you drafted. CB, OT, and WR are all areas of need. 

As for the 3rd and I am getting picky (Sorry) but I would go Josey Jewell here. We got Barkley and Duke already. RB seems redundant. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I'm not thrilled as a Detroit fan.

I'd prefer to see something more along the lines of

1 - Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

2 - Harrison Phillips, DT/DE, Stanford

3 - Kallen Ballage, RB, Arizona State

4 - Chad Thomas, DE, Miami

Evans can play inside and outside. He's an Alpha Dog and would bring energy and leadership to that defense. Ansah is more likely to play OLB although he'll still keep a hand on the ground. Phillips isn't big enough to play NT but could be a solid DE (assuming we're playing a bit more of a 3-4/Patriots style D). Ballage is a nice blend of power and speed. He had a good showing at the Senior Bowl. We likely aren't going to have a bell-cow but Ballage offers a lot of good things for our offense. Thomas performed well in the Shrine Game. He'd likely play OLB opposite of Ansah.

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

RB, WR, DL, ILB there and you're set. 

But this draft for the Redskins is not good at all. 

WR : Dante Pettis DL : Justin Jones

About LB im waiting to see what happens with Zach Brown as Mason Foster will be back. I thought about a RB but i thought there is a nice complementary duo in Perine-Thompson.

Montae Nicholson to not take Derwin James

Enough to pass on Derwin James ? Euhh well. You know him more than me so i wont argue but im doubtful for now.

with handing the Redskins Lamar Jackson.

True in a way. No reference to RG3, not at all. But i do not want him to the Jags and i had to put him somewhere, it was the 'Skins this time.

Archived