BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

On 1/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, mar29020 said:
On 1/30/2018 at 9:44 PM, turtle28 said:

I agree. We will get older and worse at qb. Kirk’s best days are in front of him, that’s not likely the same for Alex Smith.

It involves “picks and a player?” Even worse!

THOUGHTS? personally i hate it. 

On 1/30/2018 at 9:52 PM, LoganF89 said:

Bruce Allen has to be fired for this

On 1/30/2018 at 9:52 PM, MKnight82 said:

Screw this organization.  Screw Bruce Allen.  Screw Dan Snyder.  I'm done. 

On 1/30/2018 at 9:52 PM, Dashing202 said:

Looks like me and you won't argue about kirkcousons .

hate the move wth 

On 1/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, ripsean21 said:

If we gave up picks and a player for a aged QB who never won were out of our minds!!!!!

On 1/30/2018 at 11:07 PM, e16bball said:

I’ve seen enough and been wrong enough in my time as a fan of this team to know that you can never be certain how something is going to turn out — no matter how bad, or how good, something looks on paper, you can never be certain until you watch it actually play out. 

But you can be absolutely certain that this is an unmitigated disaster.

I've never seen this forum more in step about anything than this trade. Really a miraculous turn of events that for one day, we were united

On 1/31/2018 at 3:30 PM, MKnight82 said:

In 2018 maybe.  But we aren't a Superbowl contender this year with whoever our QB is.  A rookie draft pick at QB could easily overtake a 35+ year old Alex Smith in year 2 or 3.  Heck a Rookie QB draft pick just DID overtake Alex Smith on the Chiefs depth chart.  

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:
On 2/2/2018 at 8:01 PM, Woz said:

And guess whose name just got penciled in for Allen's next scapegoat?

Wow, spot on Woz. 

I wish I could say I was psychic, but it was just painfully obvious.

The proof that I'm not psychic: didn't see Mark Sanchez or Josh Johnson starting any games for Washington this year. Neither did Brucie, which is why even with his scapegoat, he may be done here (that and the contract guaranteeing for injuries).

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:
On 1/31/2018 at 11:16 AM, MKnight82 said:

Why would you want this?  Teams that win Superbowls don't do this.  Weasel GMs and coaches that need to save their jobs do this.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:
On 1/31/2018 at 1:12 PM, MKnight82 said:

I love how everyone is always like, well we have to have a wait and see approach before you can get upset.  And then when we actually see its always so much worse.  

Was true then. Still true now.

What’s sad is how this all likely ended Alex’s career with a gruesome broken leg for Alex. 

Even the detractors of Alex since the trade was made didn’t want to see it end that way.

The offense never had a chance to excel bc of the injuries to key playmakers (CT, Crowder & PRich) starting in September and continuing to the OL and then lastly Alex & then Colt in the second half the year.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What’s sad is how this all likely ended Alex’s career with a gruesome broken leg for Alex. 

Even the detractors of Alex since the trade was made didn’t want to see it end that way.

The offense never had a chance to excel bc of the injuries to key playmakers (CT, Crowder & PRich) starting in September and continuing to the OL and then lastly Alex & then Colt in the second half the year.

So what you are saying is the offense never had a chance to succeed due to poor roster construction?  Guess who is responsible for that?  

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So what you are saying is the offense never had a chance to succeed due to poor roster construction?  Guess who is responsible for that?  

No, I’m saying injuries derailed the season and Alex’s chance to build chemistry within the passing offense.

The Roster construction was fine - sure it could’ve been better but wasn’t like we weren’t competitive - and we had decent depth but we couldn’t sustain losing 3 of our top 4 playmakers in offense and our starting guards and, there’s not a team in the Nfl that could be successful given those all injuries.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, I’m saying injuries derailed the season and Alex’s chance to build chemistry within the passing offense.

The Roster construction was fine and we had decent depth but we couldn’t sustain losing 3 of our top 4 playmakers in offense and our starting guards and, there’s not a team in the Nfl that could be successful given those all injuries.

So signing an injury prone receiver in Richardson, when an injury prone WR (Doctson) and injury prone RB (Thompson) being on the roster wasn't a bad roster construction move?  Not being sure they had enough depth at guard, knowing that Lauvao always goes on IR, and knowing that Scherff ended last season on IR, wasn't a bad roster construction move?  Instead we have a ton of defensive backs and linebackers on the roster that barely get used, and not where we normally have injuries in an attempt to bolster those spots to make sure we can survive them.  

Archived