The tWo Hangout

11 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Would explain the empty stadium.

I know this is sarcasm but the whole "why can't bad teams fill their stadiums" thing has always been kinda hilarious to me.

I've seen numerous articles about the Titans lack of home fan support over the past few years and people trying to figure out how much of it's ticket prices, convenience of watching from home, stadium experience, etc and it's just like "lol we're absolutely terrible that's why no one shows up". Grizzlies fill their stadium, Preds fill theirs. There's plenty of support for sports teams in this area if you actually put a product on the field/court/etc worth watching. Grizzlies and Preds are actually competent teams capable of winning games, so people go to the games. Titans have been an absolute dumpster fire.

I imagine the Jags issue is largely due to the same thing.

So I may have an opportunity to go down to Jacksonville for the Jags-Texans game on DEC. 17th, just debating if it's feasible.

Got a buddy in the Marines who is stationed 30 miles north in Georgia that said I could fly down there and he could get cheap/free tickets. Then after the game we'd drive back up to Iowa for Christmas. I'm just broke and a plane ticket would cost about $160 to fly out of MPLS. Then I imagine food/beer etc. for the couple days I'd be down there. Don't have to worry about a plane ticket back though or anything else.

I really hate being in college and being broke all the time.

4 hours ago, VLoo said:

It's only a recent thing up here, but yes we get deals up here. Not nearly as good as what is available in the States though.

Yeah.  Black Friday stuff has definitely started to creep into Canada.  It doesn't really make any sense, but whatevs.

Boxing Day is still the big consumer holiday shopping extravaganza up here though.  And i like it.  It's a nice chance to go buy a whole bunch of stuff you wanted, but didn't get for Christmas, on sale.  Plus more!

On 11/3/2017 at 7:28 PM, jfinley88 said:

that is super weird lol.. feel like everyone in central florida is TB or MIA fans too

Same thing in Southern Florida as well. Mostly TB and Miami fans. I stick out like a sore thumb when I wear a Jags jersey.