This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If ATL doesn't bring Cousins closer to a championship, then who would?  If Cousins leaves MIN, ATL is probably as good a choice as any among teams looking for a QB.  I also think the ATL owner is looking to win now rather than later.

I think Cousins wife is from the ATL area or Georgia.  That might be a motivating factor. 

Happy wife + easier division + as good supporting cast 

• Like 1

Are you guys finally coming around on Captain Kirk?

Like I have been saying, he is the 7th best QB every year.  People just give the benefit of the doubt to a guy that was the 4th best QB two years ago, or the new hotness that is like 9th in the new season.  Meanwhile Kirk just plugs along with 30 TDs and 10 INTs and 4200 yards every year.

Cousins is the definition of a good, but not great QB.  Also seems to be a good teammate.  GB fans understandably tend to focus on when Cousins does Cousins things, but a team can do a lot worse than having someone like Cousins at QB.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Cousins is the definition of a good, but not great QB.  Also seems to be a good teammate.  GB fans understandably tend to focus on when Cousins does Cousins things, but a team can do a lot worse than having someone like Cousins at QB.

I've been saying this for years. His stats hold up. His crunch-time performances...not so much...which is fine with me.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Cousins is the epitome of a QB who is good enough that you aren't going to actively replace, but he's also not a guy who is going to lead a team to a championship.  You put a good enough supporting cast around him, he might make a run in the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cousins is the epitome of a QB who is good enough that you aren't going to actively replace, but he's also not a guy who is going to lead a team to a championship.  You put a good enough supporting cast around him, he might make a run in the playoffs.

That's why I want Minnesota to re-sign him. The defense is too ****ty to bring him over the top. 

Latest reports are suggesting staying in Minnesota is more likely than previously thought, too. 

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

That's why I want Minnesota to re-sign him. The defense is too ****ty to bring him over the top. 

Latest reports are suggesting staying in Minnesota is more likely than previously thought, too. 

The QB carousel will be interesting to see how it ends up turning out.  Right now, the only two things I'm certain of is that the Bears are picking a QB at 1 (most likely Caleb Williams) and the Commanders are picking a QB at 2.  Other than that, there's enough smoke that QBs could land in a number of different spots.  I'd imagine Baker Mayfield ends up back in Tampa Bay.  New England at 3 seems poised to take a QB, but given the state of their franchise they need a LOT of help everywhere.  NY Giants seem eager to move up for a QB (possibly Drake Maye).  Atlanta needs a QB, but they're likely going to miss out on one of the top 4.  Then you get into that 11-13 teams that all need/want a QB as well, but need to give up a TON to move up to get a top QB.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The QB carousel will be interesting to see how it ends up turning out.  Right now, the only two things I'm certain of is that the Bears are picking a QB at 1 (most likely Caleb Williams) and the Commanders are picking a QB at 2.  Other than that, there's enough smoke that QBs could land in a number of different spots.  I'd imagine Baker Mayfield ends up back in Tampa Bay.  New England at 3 seems poised to take a QB, but given the state of their franchise they need a LOT of help everywhere.  NY Giants seem eager to move up for a QB (possibly Drake Maye).  Atlanta needs a QB, but they're likely going to miss out on one of the top 4.  Then you get into that 11-13 teams that all need/want a QB as well, but need to give up a TON to move up to get a top QB.

Agreed, it's getting wild with the smokescreens. It's a fun off-season to follow.

I'm 97% sure Baker to Tampa is happening. Cousins is a big domino but I think it's down to MIN and ATL. And I'll even go so far as to say that 5 QBs will be taken by the 13th pick. And Fields will be traded I think during the draft to whoever missed out.

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Blackballed is putting it aggressively.

Like the thing about Justin Fields is not that he can't play quarterback competently at an NFL level at times.  The problem with Justin Fields is that he's Marcus Mariota- he doesn't see it quickly, and if he doesn't see it he doesn't throw it.  In most situations that kind of QB is a false economy, but *maybe* Pittsburgh can make it work since I think he's better than Pickett.

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If Shanny ever got his hands back on him with that 9er team of the past few seasons, they'd be a force.  As a Pack fan I'm glad he's kept the Vikings in Purgatory and the 49ers out of the pearly gates.

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

Agreed, it's getting wild with the smokescreens. It's a fun off-season to follow.

I'm 97% sure Baker to Tampa is happening. Cousins is a big domino but I think it's down to MIN and ATL. And I'll even go so far as to say that 5 QBs will be taken by the 13th pick. And Fields will be traded I think during the draft to whoever missed out.

I'd put Baker back to Tampa Bay at 99%.  I think the only way he doesn't return to Tampa Bay is if someone comes out of nowhere and offers him a ton of money.  I think there's like a 0.1% chance it's New England that is that team, but Atlanta probably seems like the teams most likely steal Baker away from Tampa Bay.  I'd put those odds at 0.8%.  0.1% would be the field if we were betting.

Kirk to Atlanta just doesn't seem to have the right vibe to me.  I get his wife is from the area, but I don't think that's going to be the deciding factor.  I still think Las Vegas is a real darkhorse for him, but I'd still expect him back in Minnesota.  I think the familiarity is going to be a key component of his decision.  And if Atlanta misses out on Kirk and Baker, I'd anticipate they pivot to Fields at that point.  It's interesting that the Kirk Cousins rumors started as the Fields' rumors started to soften up.  My guess is Atlanta is the biggest suitor for Fields, but the Bears' asking price was too high.  My guess is Chicago wanted their SRP+, and Atlanta was thinking more like a 3rd and a future Day 3 pick.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'd put Baker back to Tampa Bay at 99%.  I think the only way he doesn't return to Tampa Bay is if someone comes out of nowhere and offers him a ton of money.  I think there's like a 0.1% chance it's New England that is that team, but Atlanta probably seems like the teams most likely steal Baker away from Tampa Bay.  I'd put those odds at 0.8%.  0.1% would be the field if we were betting.

Kirk to Atlanta just doesn't seem to have the right vibe to me.  I get his wife is from the area, but I don't think that's going to be the deciding factor.  I still think Las Vegas is a real darkhorse for him, but I'd still expect him back in Minnesota.  I think the familiarity is going to be a key component of his decision.  And if Atlanta misses out on Kirk and Baker, I'd anticipate they pivot to Fields at that point.  It's interesting that the Kirk Cousins rumors started as the Fields' rumors started to soften up.  My guess is Atlanta is the biggest suitor for Fields, but the Bears' asking price was too high.  My guess is Chicago wanted their SRP+, and Atlanta was thinking more like a 3rd and a future Day 3 pick.

Hadn't considered Kirk to Vegas. If I were a QB I know I'd love to throw to Davante. Still, MIN sounds right because of that familiarity you mentioned. Wonder if they'd consider drafting Nix in the second round though even if he came back. 

I bet Atlanta would wait until they knew there was no shot at trading up for Maye or Daniels before settling for Fields.