This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 7/10/2024 at 1:24 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is anybody else watching this HardKnocks Offseason show with the Giants? 

The clip about Saquon Barkley is going around, but hot damn, the rest isn't any better. 

This **** is insane. These people are genuinely retarded. Their estimate for this year's Salary Cap number was 240. Guys on this board were estimating 250, and it ended up being 255. 

The guy who gave Daniel Jones 4/160 is so very obviously the smartest guy in the room that it's startling, and he looks exasperated with his minions half the time. 

my understanding is that most of this is scripted reality TV style.  

These convos already happened a while ago, now they need to "do it on camera"

Could be that they are just really bad actors

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

my understanding is that most of this is scripted reality TV style.  

These convos already happened a while ago, now they need to "do it on camera"

Could be that they are just really bad actors

Your understanding is that the players and coaches are being asked to re-enact conversations they've had in the past?

Pretty funny if true.  I've never seen the show, but I'll watch when GB finally gets nabbed for it.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Jul 16, 2024, 03:46 PM ET

ESPN

Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Caleb Williams is signing his four-year rookie contract that is worth $39 million fully guaranteed and includes a $25.5 million signing bonus, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.  The contract also includes a fifth-year team option.

The Bears also signed wide receiver Rome Odunze, their other first-round pick, on Tuesday. Odunze, selected with the No. 9 pick, signed a four-year contract worth $22.7 million with a fifth-year team option.

Edited by Mazrimiv

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Your understanding is that the players and coaches are being asked to re-enact conversations they've had in the past?

Pretty funny if true.  I've never seen the show, but I'll watch when GB finally gets nabbed for it.

not everything is done after the fact, but as is the case with a lot of reality TV sometimes the producer comes in and gives a prompt:

"react to the lower than expected salary cap"

or 

"talk about signing/tagging/trading saquon barkley"

etc.

A lot of it is done live in the moment, but some of these convos happen over text/email/on the phone/in the hall and not just 3 people in a room discussing a relevant topic for a quick tv ready sound byte.

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

Aiyuk demanding a trade in SF. Hope it all falls apart for them. 

49ers were never going to afford both Deebo and Aiyuk.

Since they already picked their big-money receiver in Deebo, Aiyuk is gone.

Average pa salaries according to Spotrac for their top players - Nick Bosa $34m, Deebo $23.8m, Trent Williams $23m, Jason Hargrave $21m, Fred Warner $19m, Christian McCaffrey $19m, Kittle $15m. In addition, QB Brock Purdy will want a big payday - and they have to be able to afford him. They have 14 guys paid $5m+ excluding Purdy, the Packers have 9 including Love.

The biggest Packers contracts are  $24m (Gary) and $21m (Alexander), with Love entering that big-money group soon. Clark, Jenkins and McKinney are all about $17m, Preston Smith and Josh Jacobs are $13m and $12m, with Nixon at $6m and the rest at less than $5m.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Aiyuk has no leverage.  For all the talk, he's not going to sit out very long while trying to force a new deal.  I expect Aiyuk to play on the tag this season.  A year from now, SF will sign Aiyuk to a new deal while moving on from Deebo.  After drafting Pearsall, It more or less seems like the obvious thing for them to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Aiyuk has no leverage.  For all the talk, he's not going to sit out very long while trying to force a new deal.  I expect Aiyuk to play on the tag this season.  A year from now, SF will sign Aiyuk to a new deal while moving on from Deebo.  After drafting Pearsall, It more or less seems like the obvious thing for them to do.

That’s the path that seems likely. Deebo brings a different wrinkle to the offense but is older and what he brings is precisely what decreases his shelf life. Aiyuk with lplay on the 5th year option but there could still be some animosity that creates waves. The main thing I could see is a minor injury being something he’s not willing to “play through” if and when that comes up. Anyway, SF is to the brink with top level contracts to vets. They will have to pay their good not great QB next year. We’ll see what they can do this year but I think they are due for a fall. 

57 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I actually thought Aiyuk was on the f-tag for ~22M, but he's on the 5th year option for ~14M.  No wonder he's ticked off.

Same draft class as Love. Supposedly the guy we had targeted and when he went off the board, Gutey said f everyone’s feelings and went QBOTF. Who knows and in an alternate reality 12 dealing to Aiyuk and 17 would be nasty but I’m pretty happy with the guy we took instead.