This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Now I know some of you are too young to have developed a true hatred of the Cowboys, BUT—everytime I see someone call for their doom this season I can’t help but smile.

When McCarthy said the difference between Green Bay and Dallas was Jerry Jones I took that quite personally given he won so damn much in Green Bay.

I’m not stupid enough to count Mike out yet, because he was a top notch offensive guy and there’s no one you can link to Rodgers development more than him. They’ll have a say.

But I can’t help but remember Matt LaFleur is a full tier better coach for both sides of the ball and in the locker room.

McCarthy was correct in his statement, just that the meaning of his statement was the exact opposite of what his intentions were. 

On 8/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

The guy who I always think of is Minshew, though he's kind of a "1.5" QB - competent starter who you'll be constantly looking to upgrade from. 

Watching him, it's clear he knows what to do and has good instincts, but his deep outs just seem to kinda hang in the air. If he loses a smidge of his arm strength he's in trouble. 

I feel like Minshew could have a, "Nick Foles," type of run in the right situation. Just like Foles the stars would all have to align and that makes the odds extremely slim of it ever happening. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've never seen anybody question Joe Burrow's arm strength. 

I guess your memory of the Burrow draft isn't very good.  Blurbs from the first four "joe burrow draft profile" results I got from google are below.

Walter Football: Arm strength limitations

Bleacher Report: Lacks elite arm strength.  Can struggle to throw outside the numbers due to lack of power.

PFN: Makes receivers slow down in patterns, wait for the ball to arrive and adjust backwards to grab the throw. 

TD Scouting: Doesn't possess overwhelming arm strength or velocity.

24 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I can't wait for revisionist fans to tell us how overrated MLF was as a coach after he leaves GB.

Everyone hated McCarthy in real time. 

It's tough to say someone who got over a decade as head man got a raw deal, but I always felt like he was underappreciated. We just really lucked out that MLF was our next hire...he's another guy who may never quite get the plaudits of some of his peers but looks like he'll be able to keep GB up among the perennial contenders. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's tough to say someone who got over a decade as head man got a raw deal, but I always felt like he was underappreciated. We just really lucked out that MLF was our next hire...he's another guy who may never quite get the plaudits of some of his peers but looks like he'll be able to keep GB up among the perennial contenders. 

I myself was more than ready for MM to go at the end of his time in GB.  That doesn't take away from how good he was when he arrived.

39 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

He had a very good run, clearly was innovative with one of the best QBs to ever play but eventually things ran their course. Even Capers had his moment on top of the mountain before lack of evolving and to be fair, lack of talent in some positions caught up to him. Like MM, I thought Capers was a good man and is truly part of the history of the game. MM’s stubbornness and unwillingness to change course and coordinators meant he couldn’t sustain his greatness here.

Getting a fresh perspective and fresh start is good for him but I think he is limited by having a decent but definitely not great QB. I wish him well as a person but as long as he’s in Dallas, I don’t wish him success. The knee jerk haters also fail to realize that he was and still is a very good coach. 

• Like 1

MM wis a good coach.  His regular season record is top 30 all tine and around top 20 if you set a 100 game minimum.

His .500 playoff record will be held against him given he had end of career Farve and prime Rodgers for the majority of that time. .

52 minutes ago, squire12 said:

MM wis a good coach.  His regular season record is top 30 all tine and around top 20 if you set a 100 game minimum.

His .500 playoff record will be held against him given he had end of career Farve and prime Rodgers for the majority of that time. .

It's lonely being a warrior sometimes

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Sums it up perfectly. Our playoff game last year against Dallas was vintage McCarthy. His team was unprepared, overconfident, had no answers and got trounced. 

I appreciate what he did but was ready for him to be gone after the Seattle NFC Championship meltdown. 

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Sure, but that's just Brady/Belicheck ruining it for everyone else. Look at pretty much everyone in the HoF, having a .500 playoff record is GOOD. It's absolutely rare for anyone to be above too far above .500...like Walsh, Noll, Gibbs are about it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Sure, but that's just Brady/Belicheck ruining it for everyone else. Look at pretty much everyone in the HoF, having a .500 playoff record is GOOD. It's absolutely rare for anyone to be above too far above .500...like Walsh, Noll, Gibbs are about it. 

Oh, yeah, I forgot that one guy, can't quite remember his name....Italian guy, gap toothed, coached a team somewhere in the Midwest....he had a good playoff record

Edited by Mr Bad Example

31 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Yeah. There's a grand total of 10 coaches in NFL history who have both more playoff wins and a better playoff winning percentage than MM.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Why take that personally? We literally fired him and Jerry Jones gave him a second chance with a pretty damn good team. Of course the dude is going to sing his praises. 

I’m trying to pass time here. I don’t have animosity towards him.

But, he won a ring here. There’s an easy way to throw credit at both organizations for being arguably the coolest. Kissing Jerry’s buttocks was gross. Kinda heard it as GB front office held him back. Which is wild. Now he’s gotta reap the consequences of Jerry’s philosophy over ours.

In the war of Packer fans vs. MM. we’re currently bagging him.

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

McCarthy was correct in his statement, just that the meaning of his statement was the exact opposite of what his intentions were. 

To me I just figured, the man is bought. I wish I were bought. That would be awesome I’m positive. But also….He already had money. Maybe Jerry was the only one paying. But even the best Cowboy coaches weren’t presenting themselves as Jerry’s employee, because it was obvious to everyone even back then, that Jerry didn’t know better than everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Kissing Jerry’s buttocks was gross.

F Jerry Jones but.....

I really believe he wants it as much or more than any owner. 

If you told every owner they would not make a single cent next year but would win the Super Bowl and asked if they were cool with that I think he would be one of if not the only guys to pass a lie detector test.

I strongly dislike the guy as a person but I'm pretty sure his intentions are "pure".