Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Just now, buno67 said:

Top3 arms? Gotta include Clev into this conversations now with the other three.

I was including him. Coco isn't bad. Clev is good.

Just now, buno67 said:

His first two stars 22k/4BBs. He has picked up where he left off after the 2nd of last year. He was darn good that 2nd half and he looks better. 

They better make a move at the real deadline to get an OF bat. So they have the whole 2nd half of the season unlike the Donaldson move which kinda flopped but was a great attempt

They should move multiple people before the deadline for bats. I don't believe that Dolan will, but there's always a chance. If not, they should move one of those two (Clev/Coco) to the bullpen for the playoff push.

However, if they don't add AT LEAST two bats, they're screwed.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, but sadly, this year is WAY worse.

Edwin and Santana is about a push, but then again over the past several years we have lost:

Brantley

Donaldson

Bruce

Gomes

Alonzo

...and basically replaced them with AAA caliber players. That's absolutely embarrassing.

Donaldson wasn’t real a lost tho cause he didn’t really do anything for this team last year. He was a great gamble of low risk high reward. What we got 19-20 games out of him and like 15 hits. Gomes still is a head scratcher but they better bring Haas’s up sooner rather than later. Same with Bruce. We knew him and Donaldson were playoff rentals 

brantley stings cause he signed a pretty friendly contract with Houston and he looks damn good so far. 

Cargo needs to get here soon 

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Top3 arms? Gotta include Clev into this conversations now with the other three. His first two stars 22k/4BBs. He has picked up where he left off after the 2nd of last year. He was darn good that 2nd half and he looks better. 

They better make a move at the real deadline to get an OF bat. So they have the whole 2nd half of the season unlike the Donaldson move which kinda flopped but was a great attempt

Maybe he meant Bauer, Clevinger and Bieber?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Maybe he meant Bauer, Clevinger and Bieber?

I was just saying the Indians dude have 3 stud pitchers but that its 4 stud pitchers. What I really would love is if Salz does come back healthy, to make him a 6th starter and the Indians roll with a 6 man rotation. It will hurt the stats but it will at least keep them healthy and fresh or at least do it for the 2nd half of the season

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was just saying the Indians dude have 3 stud pitchers but that its 4 stud pitchers. What I really would love is if Salz does come back healthy, to make him a 6th starter and the Indians roll with a 6 man rotation. It will hurt the stats but it will at least keep them healthy and fresh or at least do it for the 2nd half of the season

Not a bad idea although the timing of it could be critical.

I think Bauer and Clevinger are studs, Bieber is solid and Carrasco and Kluber iffy.

Wish to God that we had traded Kluber when the market for him was about as high as it is going to be.

17 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Clevinger is out for 6-8 weeks at a minimum...Probably realistically 10-12 weeks.

The hits keep on coming

I mean, I don't understand why he's only put on the 10 day IL either with this. How this team is 7-3 with a bunch of AA and AAA players at key positions is truly impressive and scary at the same time. Even at full health and strength, this team needs a minimum of another 2 bats in the lineup and some type of shutdown bullpen arm.

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I don't understand why he's only put on the 10 day IL either with this. How this team is 7-3 with a bunch of AA and AAA players at key positions is truly impressive and scary at the same time. Even at full health and strength, this team needs a minimum of another 2 bats in the lineup and some type of shutdown bullpen arm.

Image result for smoke and mirrors gif

Image result for mirrors gif

Related image

• Like 1