Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

22 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Not sure what to think of Tito announcing Clevinger would work out of the bullpen in postseason. He's been fantastic in the rotation, certainly better than Tomlin. Seems it'll be Kluber, Carlos, Bauer, Tomlin.

I'm not one to question Tito. He knows way more than I do and has his reasons. Maybe Bauer/Tomlin will be on a short leash and Clevinger will be a 3rd inning type of insert if things go south, essentially serving as another starter. I had previously thought maybe that'd be Salazar's role.

I kinda like it because if something happens and a pitcher has to be pulled early, Tito can turn to a stud pitcher. If something happens and a starting pitcher has to be pulled, either because of injury or a bad outing, who would you want coming in to save the day, Tomlin or Clevinger? I would take Clevinger. I also think Tito is going with Tomlin because of his experience in last years playoffs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

I kinda like it because if something happens and a pitcher has to be pulled early, Tito can turn to a stud pitcher. If something happens and a starting pitcher has to be pulled, either because of injury or a bad outing, who would you want coming in to save the day, Tomlin or Clevinger? I would take Clevinger. I also think Tito is going with Tomlin because of his experience in last years playoffs.

Not only Clevinger but Salazar.  Danny played a pivotal role in the post season when he came back from injury.  He was pitching like his hair was on fire.  Hopefully, he stays healthy to fill that role again and then the only downside next season is determining our rotation next year with 6-7 legitimate healthy starters (Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, Clevinger, Salazar, Tomlin, Merritt, etc).

yesss.gif

21 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Not only Clevinger but Salazar.  Danny played a pivotal role in the post season when he came back from injury.  He was pitching like his hair was on fire.  Hopefully, he stays healthy to fill that role again and then the only downside next season is determining our rotation next year with 6-7 legitimate healthy starters (Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, Clevinger, Salazar, Tomlin, Merritt, etc).

yesss.gif

Salz didn’t play a pivotal role in the playoffs, he pitched in two games and they lost both games he appeared in. He also had a pretty bad 2nd half last year as he battled back from injury. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Salz didn’t play a pivotal role in the playoffs, he pitched in two games and they lost both games he appeared in. He also had a pretty bad 2nd half last year as he battled back from injury. 

Maybe pivotal wasn’t the right word. But he came back from injury during the World Series and pitched really well it he situations he was put in. Gave up 0 runs over 3 innings. 

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think they might be planning to turn Clev and Salazar into the 4th starter as a unit. Basically let both of them go through the lineup 1-2 times and then get to the bullpen in the 8th or so.

They can be used in multiple ways.

Like your idea but also think that they might be insurance to lessen reliance on Shaw and Allen.