Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

See, I feel like it was brilliant psychologically speaking. If you toss Kluber out and win, well that's fine, you were supposed to win. But if you lose, that could be really bad for the team mentality. But by putting out Bauer, if you win it's awesome and you feel like you have a huge advantage, but if you lose then it's no big deal because you weren't throwing out your best pitcher. Now, throwing out a BAD pitcher would be a horrible idea, but if Bauer was going to pitch during the series anyway no matter what, then this order makes a lot of sense to me.

45 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

See, I feel like it was brilliant psychologically speaking. If you toss Kluber out and win, well that's fine, you were supposed to win. But if you lose, that could be really bad for the team mentality. But by putting out Bauer, if you win it's awesome and you feel like you have a huge advantage, but if you lose then it's no big deal because you weren't throwing out your best pitcher. Now, throwing out a BAD pitcher would be a horrible idea, but if Bauer was going to pitch during the series anyway no matter what, then this order makes a lot of sense to me.

on paper he might of not been our best pitcher but when it comes to the yankees, Bauer could be our best pitcher. When Bauer is on, he has one of the nastiest curve balls. Last night he was on. The yankees are a team that would whiff a lot. I think throwing out a pitcher like Bauer to the yankees was extremely smart. Bauer was making them look silly last night. It goes back to his first two starts vs the yankees during the regular season. Add in the pressure of the postseason and the young hitters had issues with his curve even more.

Best part is they sat back all night last night looking at curve after curve from Bauer, now they will see Kluber and his nasty 2seamer and change up.

I heard on the radio that Judge in batting practice yesterday, whiffed on his first BP ball...I want to say when he was going up against Allen, he was completely clueless up there.